Not open for further replies.

andrzej

Board Certified User
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 18, 2004
Boston subs
Can you help?
I have the VaVaVoom package, and I receive all channels except 261 and 262 which are StarzHD channels. I tried resets, I called Voom 3 times and still no signal on these two channels. On all other channels my signal is in the 50-60 range and all my locals are fine.
Any suggestions what to do?

Andrzej :confused:

They need to rehit your box to authorize. What message do you get? Are all other channels on the right channels?

I Got Voomed On Tuesday(Port. OR) 2 Receivers. One Gets All Channels One All But 161 & 262. On 261 I Get Bravo HD on 262 a Message Saying I need to call 1-800 get voom to orger this package. I Also have VaVaVoom.

Me too

wbuffetta said:
I Got Voomed On Tuesday(Port. OR) 2 Receivers. One Gets All Channels One All But 161 & 262. On 261 I Get Bravo HD on 262 a Message Saying I need to call 1-800 get voom to orger this package. I Also have VaVaVoom.

I also have the problem where it started out when I went to channel 261 you need to call 1-800-GET-VOOM but I have the VaVaVoom package then Voom rehit the box. Now when I go to channel 261 I get Bravo HD. This only occurs on my box in my family room. The box in my bedroom does not have this problem. Voom is shipping me a new box and we will see on Saturday if this fixes the problem.

Bill

I Think When I Was Getting Installed They Had A Hard Time Getting That Box Up & Running & Rehit It. Thats Why I Get Bravo HD On 261. T Quess I Need To Call Them & Get Another Box.

rudolpht said:
They need to rehit your box to authorize. What message do you get? Are all other channels on the right channels?

Tim,
the message is somethink like: "No signal received on channel 261. Please try later". When I called Voom they rehit my box - or so I was told. All other channels are fine and in place.

Andrzej

andrzej said:
Tim,
the message is somethink like: "No signal received on channel 261. Please try later". When I called Voom they rehit my box - or so I was told. All other channels are fine and in place.

Andrzej

Ask them for another box. That box is no good...

Sean Mota said:
Ask them for another box. That box is no good...

That sux! I just got the box on Tuesday and the installer said that he received it on Monday. :mad: :mad:

andrzej said:
That sux! I just got the box on Tuesday and the installer said that he received it on Monday. :mad: :mad:

Some of these boxes are not good. I had one swapped a Saturday and it was no good. The next weekend I got another one that worked. You just hope that these boxes did not have problems but that's does not seem to be the case.

Sean,
in your excellent Read Me First there are recovery instructions and it says that the frequency field in the hidden menu should read 1235.444. Mine is 1003.125. Is this an issue? Should I follow the instructions and change the numbers to 1235.444 and hit tune?

Andrzej

andrzej said:
Sean,
in your excellent Read Me First there are recovery instructions and it says that the frequency field in the hidden menu should read 1235.444. Mine is 1003.125. Is this an issue? Should I follow the instructions and change the numbers to 1235.444 and hit tune?

Andrzej

Andrze,

those recovery instructions were printed for early boxes that had problem from the beginning. I was debating whether to pull this information out of the thread because I do not know whether it applies to the new boxes. Let me get back to you regarding that frequency. I need to see whether it is the same in mine as well.

mine is also 1003.25 so changing this will not resolve the proble you are having. Put a service call for a new box.

Sean Mota said:
mine is also 1003.25 so changing this will not resolve the proble you are having. Put a service call for a new box.
These 2 channels use a different polarity. So this indeed sounds like a hardware problem.

Ilya said:
These 2 channels use a different polarity. So this indeed sounds like a hardware problem.

Thank you guys. I am on the phone with Voom to schedule a replacement. It takes a while now to get through. I guess ppl are getting Voom in a hurry... :)

Its a wiring problem. I use a flat under window cable & the receiver that didn't receive 261 & 262 I Changed out the flat cable & Now both my receivers work as suposed to.

wbuffetta said:
Its a wiring problem. I use a flat under window cable & the receiver that didn't receive 261 & 262 I Changed out the flat cable & Now both my receivers work as suposed to.

My wire is not flat. Besides 261 & 262 there are 4 more channels like that. As somebody pointed out here or on Yahoo these 6 channels have different polarity than other channels...

It sounds like these "polarity" problems might be caused by the LNB. So, replacing the STB won't help!

Make sure the service person checks the LNB as well.

Guys,
As I noted in the first post in this tread I was not receiving channels 261, 262 (both StarzHD) and 204, 206, 226, 229. As Ilya pointed out these 6 channels use different signal polarity than the rest of the channels. New software upgrade didn't solve the problem. I tried reboots etc and as of last night no signal on those 6 channels. Wilt was very helpful and an experienced installer showed up this morning to check things out. We turned the gear on and poof! All the missing channels are here! Somehow, overnight the problem got fixed (and my software download was 2 days ago). The installer didn't touch anything.

I am wondering if this is an additional fix sent by Voom overnight or some other magic.

Starz = BravoHD?

I'm still having this problem. I called VOOM last night was was told this will be escalated for me. So far, nothing is fixed. Has everyone's problem with these channels been fixed except mine? Or are there other people still without channels 262 and BravoHD on 261??? When should I expect this to be fixed??

Dave

I will let you know tonight

Dawson9 said:
I'm still having this problem. I called VOOM last night was was told this will be escalated for me. So far, nothing is fixed. Has everyone's problem with these channels been fixed except mine? Or are there other people still without channels 262 and BravoHD on 261??? When should I expect this to be fixed??

Dave

When I get home tonight I will see if magically they fixed my problem with the 6 channels being wrong. We will see if 261 gets me Starz or will it still give me Bravo HD. If the problem is not fixed I have the install manager coming to my house tomorrow moring to fix it.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts