Change your diplexer for Starz 261 262 problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
I currently have voom installed and am running 4 diplexers (old terk ones) with no problems. A friend was having problems with starz 261 and 262, he was getting bravohd on one i remember. So I told him he could have one of the diplexers voom left with the POS stealth antenna they left here in the box. I installed a superior antenna previoulsy when I had D*. I unpacked both diplexers and tried them in my spare bedroom. Both are F'd up! and recreated the exact problems he cited. DO yourself a favor, save the wait and the service call and stop by radio shack and pick up your own diplexer. Mine are tiny ones left over from a terk antenna I threw away. They work fine. Apparently many of the channel master diplexers are just faulty

Radio Shack sells the RCA Diplexors for $23.99 each. I might go ahead and pick one up tonight and put it on the receiver that I am having problems with.

jimmykce1 said:
Radio Shack sells the RCA Diplexors for $23.99 each. I might go ahead and pick one up tonight and put it on the receiver that I am having problems with.

If you have a home depot, the exact same diplexors are $10 there.

Occammd, all the channelmaster diplexers that voom left with installation were bad. So I am going to try another brand, like the RCA.

Yesterday I bought new diplexor and replaced the ones at the receiver. Well I still had a problem. So its either the diplexor outside or the LNB. I will have the installer replace this.

Occammd: Lowes only carries the Philips/Magnavox Diplexors.

jimmykce1 said:
Yesterday I bought new diplexor and replaced the ones at the receiver. Well I still had a problem. So its either the diplexor outside or the LNB. I will have the installer replace this.

Occammd: Lowes only carries the Philips/Magnavox Diplexors.

You need to replace them as a pair - they are designed to work together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)