Change your diplexer for Starz 261 262 problems

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
I currently have voom installed and am running 4 diplexers (old terk ones) with no problems. A friend was having problems with starz 261 and 262, he was getting bravohd on one i remember. So I told him he could have one of the diplexers voom left with the POS stealth antenna they left here in the box. I installed a superior antenna previoulsy when I had D*. I unpacked both diplexers and tried them in my spare bedroom. Both are F'd up! and recreated the exact problems he cited. DO yourself a favor, save the wait and the service call and stop by radio shack and pick up your own diplexer. Mine are tiny ones left over from a terk antenna I threw away. They work fine. Apparently many of the channel master diplexers are just faulty

Radio Shack sells the RCA Diplexors for $23.99 each. I might go ahead and pick one up tonight and put it on the receiver that I am having problems with.

jimmykce1 said:
Radio Shack sells the RCA Diplexors for $23.99 each. I might go ahead and pick one up tonight and put it on the receiver that I am having problems with.

If you have a home depot, the exact same diplexors are $10 there.

Occammd, all the channelmaster diplexers that voom left with installation were bad. So I am going to try another brand, like the RCA.

Yesterday I bought new diplexor and replaced the ones at the receiver. Well I still had a problem. So its either the diplexor outside or the LNB. I will have the installer replace this.

Occammd: Lowes only carries the Philips/Magnavox Diplexors.

jimmykce1 said:
Yesterday I bought new diplexor and replaced the ones at the receiver. Well I still had a problem. So its either the diplexor outside or the LNB. I will have the installer replace this.

Occammd: Lowes only carries the Philips/Magnavox Diplexors.

You need to replace them as a pair - they are designed to work together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)