AM 22 compatibility with HR 44

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rcodey

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
New Jersey
Several months ago I purchased an AM 22 off air tuner from Directv . I actually thought I was getting an AM 21 but they sent me the 22 . I have tried to connect the AM 22 to my HR 44 but notice that there is a power incompatibility . I am not an expert in power cords but the connections are totally different and not interchangeable . You cannot take the power cord from the HR44 and plug it into the AM 22 . Likewise you cannot plug the AM 22 cord into the HR44 .

Is there an solution to this power problem . BTW , the instructions for the AM 22 in the box were in Spanish . Online instructions in English are unhelpful .

It will work. You need to leave the power connector fro the power brick connected to the HR44. You the need to get a power cord that will attach to the AM22 and connect that directly to the AM22, Amazon or maybe even a local store like Radio Shack. Then just connect the USB cable between the two.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Rad is correct. The AM22 works fine with the HR44

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)