am not sure

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jimdognc

Original poster
Feb 27, 2007
am keeping my hr10-250,because the tivo interface is just that good...anyways would i be able to get the new national hd channels...like nfl network hd etc etc...dont care about locals

am keeping my hr10-250,because the tivo interface is just that good...anyways would i be able to get the new national hd channels...like nfl network hd etc etc...dont care about locals

You won't get any new HD channels with your HR10. They will be Ka-band MPEG4 at the 99 and 103 locations and will require the H20 or HR20.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion and if you can pick up all your local HD OTA and that's all you need, that's fine. But, I know more than a few folks I recognize from the TiVo Community Forum posting on DBSTalk how they've been able to adjust to the HR20. I know I have.

in the not so distant future all hd programming will be in mpeg 4 format and so you will need a mpeg4 ird.

There are aggressive fans of both the TiVo and the new DirecTV only systems, like the HR20. We have both, and I still prefer the TiVo system and software because I get my HD local channels on an antenna just fine and do not need DirecTV to rebroadcast me a compressed version of the original.

Starting the debate again about which system is better is like shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theater. You will get pandemonium, but it will not change anyone's opinion or what they like. The hot wind will be fierce, though.

Still, you must realize that the days of we TiVo fans are numbered-DirecTV is slowly making changes which will ultimately make our beloved TiVo boxes obsolete. The good news is that they cannot replace all the TiVo software boxes now, so they still support us.

is the hr20 any good.i know i will need the mpeg 4 for future hd channels.but is the interface any good..i heard i is very buggy....can u guys give me some insight!!!

is the hr20 any good.i know i will need the mpeg 4 for future hd channels.but is the interface any good..i heard i is very buggy....can u guys give me some insight!!!

We think the HR20 interface sucks compared to TiVo, but we are TiVo fans. There are many fans of the HR20, though.

I like the interface for the HR 20-700...
I also have had very few problems with my HR20-700 that I have had for the past 8-9 months now.

Gee 9 months .... I should have a little add on any time now ...
Maybe I'll be seeing a 1T ESATA drive.
How big are those hard drives on those beloved tivo units anyway ?

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts