AM21 & H21-100

Digital Logic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Norwalk, CA
Is anyone testing this on CE firmware? Haven't picked one up yet, but i wanted to see what kind of results you guys are getting with it on the H21-100.

The only problem I've seen is that the power LED on the AM21 stays on all the time. Other then that it works just like when on a H21-200, HR21-100, HR22-100 and HR23-700.

well, for the most part, i always leave my receiver on, for what reason, i dont know. think it goes back to having an old RCA DRD receiver plugged in RF style and turning on a TV with loud snow when someone last turned off the TV. So... any places that have a good price on it? i see one site for $60 + shipping.

well, for the most part, i always leave my receiver on, for what reason, i dont know. think it goes back to having an old RCA DRD receiver plugged in RF style and turning on a TV with loud snow when someone last turned off the TV. So... any places that have a good price on it? i see one site for $60 + shipping.

I use the D* & TV power on/off buttons that do both boxes at the same time.

Anyway, I just ordered another one from DirecTV web site, $50+$4.13 for FedEx shipping.

My HR21-100 +AM21 is extra slow if you are watching an over the air channel through the AM21 box.

Guide menu is very slow.

Once you change to a Sat channel it is very fast.

Compared to the national release the CE is slower.

I also compared to my HR20-100 on the same version. It is always very fast using its built in OTA tuner.
The HR20-100 has the OTA tuner built in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)