AM21+"moved locals"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
weird...you should be able to order one

Doesnt the HR20 have a OTA tuner built in? I wonder if its confused because of that?

Maybe thats why its confused. I dont know why its so difficult with them! Another quick question, Will "movers" ever be able to use the whole home DVR service, or as soon as you connect to the internet will you be "caught"?

loudo2002 said:
Maybe thats why its confused. I dont know why its so difficult with them! Another quick question, Will "movers" ever be able to use the whole home DVR service, or as soon as you connect to the internet will you be "caught"?

I've been doing it since the beginning of July. I have had zero problems. Aside from that fact, you shouldn't even have to connect to the Internet to use mrv.

And Ice, even though I understand you do NOT have HD access on your account & can't see them in HD, the DVR STILL records those OTA signals EXACTLY as they come in. So if an OTA signal originate in HD, it records in HD - you just are stuck watching it in SD! ;)
This also applies for ALL HD DVR's being used in MPEG4 local markets & those subs that do NOT have HD access enabled - in these cases, this ALSO applies for even the HD locals thru the dish, as D* does NOT send up duplicate SD locals in Ka.

here is something interesting.
You are correct that I do not have HD on the R22 (just a Phase III dish) but after the last software upgrade you can select 720p or 1080i on the receiver. Before it was "forced" to 480p only

What this does for me at least is on the OTA that isnt HD if I set the receiver to 1080i I can use the "H-Fill" on my TV to remove the black bars. On 480p I can't. It only allows me zoom which makes it too big. This also allows me to change the "HDTV" settings in the R22. But I think if I say "zoom" on the receiver it will zoom ALL channels which other than OTA will look like crap. Have to try it and see

As someone mentioned, you don't have to be connected to the internet to use MRV. But I am, and have been 'moved' for over six years. Not a single issue.

well I stumbled upon something today that I kinda wish I knew a month or so ago ;)

a couple of the programs I record OTA are not in HD so I have black bar hell. Couldnt figure out how to fill the screen. Since it was 480 the TV wouldnt do it properly

found that cute button on the remote called "format" that I can "crop" it so it fills the screen. d'oh!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cheapest way to get MRV?

transponder 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)