Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gant

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 30, 2007
Planet Earth
If I have 1 DVR and 4 HD receivers connected for the whole home DVR setup, to receive local channels that DirecTV doesn't carry would I have to have an AM21 on each receiver or just the DVR?

If I have 1 DVR and 4 HD receivers connected for the whole home DVR setup, to receive local channels that DirecTV doesn't carry would I have to have an AM21 on each receiver or just the DVR?

If you want to watch live "off-air" TV(which includes the local channels not carried by DIRECTV),then yes,you'd need an AM21 on each receiver that you plan on watching the local channels with? Do you really want to watch local channels not carried by D* on ALL of your receivers(meaning would you really want a total of 5 AM21's)?

No, really just would want to watch them on 2 of the 5. I thought that was the answer but wanted to be sure. Thanks!

Keep in mind that placing the AM21 in with the DVR allows you to record those off-air locals and make the recordings available for viewing on any HD receivers.

Last edited:
I think you mean H25 ;)

but can't you just hook up the USB then plug both the H25 and the AM21 in? I know you can't use the pigtail power cord to jump from the AM21 to say a R22 but if both are plugged in to the wall it should work. Solidsignal says it will work with the H25

Dual ATSC tuners

Simple USB connection

Small and lightweight design

Works with the H25. (Will need to reset H25 after adding)

New black matte finish

For the HR21/PRO HR22 R22 HR23 H24 HR24 and H25

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)