AMC-8

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The TP is still hot but there's nothing being broadcast on it. I was on there this morning and it still reads excellent S and Q.

huh? That TP has the 3 Alaska channels on it
GCI 1
360North
and a test card

and the 6 Anchorage stations scrambled in COMPEL so most receivers wont even log them

Actually I think we are talking AMC 8. Last time I looked at it, it had 128 radio stations and no video. Now Lyngsat is showing two TP, one with ESPN, the other is an Alaskan Mux. I don't have blind scan on my computer so I havn't looked lately. AMC 7 is as Ice says.

Aha ! There's the confusion. Lyngsat shows it on AMC8, but we've watched it on AMC7 for several weeks until it went off the mux a couple months ago. I never saw it on AMC8, but we do know that it's not there now ! :)

The ESPN channels listed by Lyngsat on AMC 8 were radio stations only. That mux is still on AMC 8, but at a new frequency and SR.

also most of AMC8 is a spotbeam that only works in AK, BC, WA, OR and a little bit of Cali.
All the Horizontal transponders are like that

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)