AMC-9 Issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.
At LFTA, I made a account and posted a few times and then got banned with no explanation. I didn't bother checking why and then after a while I got emails, haven't seen you for a while, etc, etc, but I never bothered going there again.

Figured maybe they made a mistake banning me but I still never went back, can only waste so much time online anyways. I do still use Sathint though, it's usually pretty accurate.

I think part of the problem with LFTA is that Casey is basically a one man show there and I guess he has trouble keeping up at times. I joined there a couple of years back and that login was missing when I went there again last winter. I contacted him via Ebay message system and told him what happened and he apologized and reactivated my account from the info I gave him.

Having said that, I wouldn't be too hard on him as he's probably like others that sell stuff while also working a full time. At times they run out of time to get stuff done.

I think part of the problem with LFTA is that Casey is basically a one man show there and I guess he has trouble keeping up at times. I joined there a couple of years back and that login was missing when I went there again last winter. I contacted him via Ebay message system and told him what happened and he apologized and reactivated my account from the info I gave him.

Having said that, I wouldn't be too hard on him as he's probably like others that sell stuff while also working a full time. At times they run out of time to get stuff done.

Yeah, I'm sure it can't be easy to work and keep a web site going, plus all of the other things that go on in life.

As far as Casey, not at all trying to be hard on him or put him down. I myself have never talked with him but I have read many good things that others have said of him. When I made the account there and then it was banned, it was like, oh well, I spend too much time online anyway. It may have very well been the same for me as for you, if I contacted someone they probably would've straightened it out. It just wasn't a big deal for me and I didn't really care about it.

I do like Sathint, it's easy for me to use and is usually accurate. When I want to check on something, it's the first place I go to.

I have been a member of LFTA for about five years. Good site, and people, many are also members here. Have never had any problems myself.

And to be fair to both Casey and LFTA, I have found that at all (yes, including this one) of the FTA forums (whether still active or defunct) there has been at times either heavy-handed moderators or owners, taboo subjects (and I don't mean pirate talk) or products/people which you can't even mention, or can't criticize, without incurring the wrath of a moderator or members, and people end up being banned. Couple of the sites I am thinking of specifically (one active, one defunct) I fortunately never joined. Unfortunately, I have seen what should have been minor discussions turn in to all out war! LOL!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts