AMC-9 Issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So does that mean some insurance company is fixing to shell out big time?

I was thinking the same thing. I suspect that they will shift AMC 6 over at 85 to 83. I think they just moved it there as an in orbit spare from my understanding. The 11800 H beacon I dont think is from AMC9. AMC 9's beacon freqs according to the frequency plan are: 3700.5V, 4199.5H, 11702V, 12198H

Just did a re-scan of 101W C-Band and I have the MUX at 3900 H 29125.

This kinda stuff scares me to even invest into a C band dish! Can anyone confirm that lukin is now on ses 101? RIP AMC 9

Most people who have a C-band dish install it with an actuator anyhow so it's a non-issue as you can move the dish. Titanium’s ASC 1 works well as well as great support if you run into any issues. Yes it's there. I rescanned it in last night when it moved.

How many channels are on the mux? like 20? ok not getting anyone feathers tight lol - I get MeTv on my ota antenna and get cozi on 103. I guess having Retro tv would be nice! but having a job and a car working be nicer! :) How heavy are those C band dishes? My 90cm was pretty heavy for just 1 person!

This kinda stuff scares me to even invest into a C band dish! Can anyone confirm that lukin is now on ses 101? RIP AMC 9

Nah, this is a serious BONUS, in that they moved it to a much better satellite, and now there's no need to move the dish back and forth between those two anymore... In fact it could be even a little better for a bit smaller dishes, in that you could aim between 101 and 99, and potentially get two sats worth of stuff without moving at all!

Is it still there? I just rescanned both antennas and got nothing for this transponder.

Is it still there? I just rescanned both antennas and got nothing for this transponder.

Still there but evidently not all receivers act the same on this mux.
Micro hd scans and plays them fine, a cheap receiver scans and plays fine, but 3 other receivers have varying degree of success some see signal but scan nothing in, others see no signal yet scans in names but do not play......
If the micro hd was still in production I would get a back up in a heartbeat!

I got the transponder scanned in but there wasn't any programming - I scanned for both FTA and ALL on my 9000i. There was no signal quality though. On the other 12 footer, I scanned with both the Elite and the TBS6922SE after manually inputting the transponder/polarity/SR and got a lock but no services with 65% SQ. I did pick up a couple of new channels on another transponder with a blindscan on the 9000i though.

Very interesting. I am having no issues with a Amiko Mini HD RE or HD SE.
Haven't tried any of the other receivers I own.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts