amc18 at 105deg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lostagain2

Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
deep south
I'm receiving nasa ok at 3760v,28068, but having trouble with 3920v,30000, can anyone receive it ??? I have a 7.5ft dish and a openbox10hd receiver.:confused:

Same overhere in the Carribean with a 10 footer, Nasa, NBC y Telemundo OK but nothing on 3920 Pursuit TV.

10ft BUD & Openbox S9*, TP Fr - Q
3760 - 75
3780 - 73
3920 - 72
*Openbox Q values are questionable, Just about everything is a 70 and response is very nonlinier. Easy to get 70, takes patience with tuning to get higher. May apply to all boxes of this genre, Sathawk, Solomend, Openbox (Skybox??) SSO for short, (Maybe should be SSSO?)
Might be your BUD isn't tuned up to 'center' its beam at the satellite? With the Openbox, I've found it's best not to tune to peak Q reading, for the above reason, but to tune half way between two lower Q readings. Example: elevation at south satellite, Detune elevation from peak reading to a lower reading (say 60) > Then tune through peak to the same lower reading on the 'other side' counting turns. Then back to center(peak) at half the counted turns.
It's a bit more difficult adjusting azimuth this way, but is do-able if Azimuth is checked on both extremes of the arc.

I'm receiving nasa ok at 3760v,28068, but having trouble with 3920v,30000, can anyone receive it ??? I have a 7.5ft dish and a openbox10hd receiver.:confused:

I'm here in Texarkana and get these on a 7.5ft dish without any problem. I think the Q is around 70 or so on the S9, but would have to look to make sure. These chs play just fine tho, the ones that are open.

I tried to adjust the dish today and got frustrated, when ses2 is good I lose amc9 . When I set this dish up I centered the middle of the arc at 91deg. was this a good idea?? amc9 seems slightly higher than the other sat's. should I center the arc at 83deg??

depends on your location for what your true south satellite should be . but if you set it up at 91 degrees then 83 amc 9 shouldn't seem higher in the arc process.

I live in near mobile alabama, I can pick up 135deg good and back east to nss806 at 40.5deg. amc 9 has always been a problem, if you peak the signal on ses2 you will lose amc9. the arc must be close to pick up 40.5deg to 135deg why so much trouble with ses2 and amc9???. maybe the 10ft dish will do better.

Mobile is around 88° so SES2 (87W) is your 'due south' satellite. Have you tweaked the elevation while on 87W? Being you get the ends of the arc good, but the center appears 'not so good' could be the declination is off. (Probably too low elevation at 'due south', with too little declination, enabling it to 'get back on' the arc near the ends.
Tweak the elevation for max on 87, then check the azimuth on both the E and W ends. If the azimuth is not at the same point(rotation of mount on pole) the declination is off.
Footprints by Dish Size - Adjusting the Polar Mount for Prime Focus Antenna - C/Ku-Band Satellite Systems - Tuning, Tracking, Azimuth, Elevation, Declination Angles, F/D Ratio, Focal Distance, Inclinometer, LNB/Feedhorn Assembly, Actuator Assembly, C

I set up the dish with ses2 as center of arc and increased the distance from the face of the dish to the lnb and the signal improved, ses2 signal jumped to 85 and amc9 jumped to 50, it's never been that good. thank's for the help.

Sometimes that's what it takes-checking all of the variables. Focal distance is one I usually don't think of either.

Aiming a dish is a fine art; and one with the declination is one with true south set in mount. Lock down the elevation bolt at the correct number. Adjust fine tuning at declination bolt. Elevation is the reading of the mount that holds the pivot. A tool to use is called a angle meter, where the mount pivots should have the difference of the declination amount adjusted to it, 6 degrees difference between the heavier mounting brace that holds the pivot point and points south; and the pivot point which holds the plate of the dish...lnb assembly should be skewed to/at 0...

Set all satellites up for quality by making sure active TP is at first position for each satellite.

fine tune elevation bolt to figure out where the signal and quality get better.

If the quality is worse when you move it; go the other direction.

remember, one inch movement is way too much; and in space, you have moved the aim 1,000 miles, so be soft and make very small movements for your "flight to quality" requires such:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)