AMC5 CHOWDA/1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr.crane

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Last nite, went outside and moved my dish, as experimenting the birds.
Found Amc5 at 79degrees. Only 2 active transponder, found the Telemundo,from
New Mexico, which is great pic, at 90 on Quality, Chowda/1 is about 71Q,
but it is Pixlated, with about hundreds of littles squares, has different colors, pink, blue,black,red,green, you know what I mean. I can hear the audio perfect, I know
it is a sports channel from Boston, because it was baseball talk. what kind of
encryption is this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last nite, went outside and moved my dish, as experimenting the birds.
Found Amc5 at 79degrees. Only 2 active transponder, found the Telemundo,from
New Mexico, which is great pic, at 90 on Quality, Chowda/1 is about 71Q,
but it is Pixlated, with about hundreds of littles squares, has different colors, pink, blue,black,red,green, you know what I mean. I can hear the audio perfect, I know
it is a sports channel from Boston, because it was baseball talk. what kind of
encryption is this.

It IS 4.2.2 video.

Looks like spring training baseball.

Last edited by a moderator:
4:2:2 is more of a codec issue. Of course, I'm using a PC tuner card, but you can get the video OK with the right codecs. DVBDream does it well for me using Etymonix or MainConcept.

no it hasnt changed..removed the TP info

but it was more of a general question :)

Since the TP info is listed in Lyngsat, it seems like the rules must have changed. Of course if anyone wants to see the TP info, it's in the "quote" of the original post above. :) {Expecting to see that edited soon too.}
Since the recent thread regarding the WHY to all this TP info paranoia was closed before people with differing opinions could post, I'll just add that in over 20 years of reading TVRO related groups on the internet, I have yet to see ANY evidence that any TP info post has been the cause of any signal going encrypted. About the closest thing to that might have been cases where people actually contacted the uplinkers about their signals, but that's an order of magnitude past just posting signal data on the internet. There also may have been some cases of corporate executives coming across internet info, and complaining to their technicians, but since the technicians are generally people like us that want to watch these things at home too, I only see those as temporary blips in the lives of FTA signals.
In my opinion the uplinkers have their own reason for encrypting or not encrypting, and for the most part those reasons don't include whether or not someone posts the info on some obscure internet group.
That being said, as someone mentioned on the other closed thread, when in Rome, do as the Romans, ie if the rules are not to post TP info, then so be it. I try to follow the rules of all the forums I visit. But that doesn't mean I think the rules are logical.

The funny thing is that Nascar HotPass was even on free preview last weekend so all you needed was to have a digital TV provider and you were set and of course no girlfriend/wife at all , it was Feb 14 after all, lol.

BTW like B.J posted, the info is posted on Lyngsat, so therefore the rules must have changed or Iceberg must have wrongly interpreted them. I think we acctually waste to much time and effort on this particular "rule" after all. I have a not so BUD myself yet instead of scanning the skies for a free UFC feed last nite I went to visit some of my friends a we gathered to enjoy it on PPV and therefore we paid for it. Probably only a very few percentage of the population has this kind of equipment and are willing to put an effort on watching this feeds after all. Most people either will go to a bar or even watch it free on the internet instead of spending thousands of dollars on equipment and time tweaking and scanning. 300 millions vs the members on this forum should give you an idea and probably most of us only have KU DVB capabilities only.

But heck you guys are the owners/moderators of the forum, I am just lucky to voice my opinion.

Since it was considered a "feed" I removed it. No the rules havent been changed

Yes Lyngsat shows when some people post "feeds" and they are listed as such. However those feeds change info all the time (symbol rate, frequency etc) and how dated is that info?

So I deleted the feed info, I didnt think folks would get arms up in the air about it. The question that the OP asked was on the grounds of why he had weird pixels when they viewed it.

The reason was the feed was 4:2:2 :)

Since it was considered a "feed" I removed it. No the rules havent been changed

Yes Lyngsat shows when some people post "feeds" and they are listed as such. However those feeds change info all the time (symbol rate, frequency etc) and how dated is that info?

So I deleted the feed info, I didnt think folks would get arms up in the air about it. The question that the OP asked was on the grounds of why he had weird pixels when they viewed it.

The reason was the feed was 4:2:2 :)
Iceberg, sorry to cost a stir, but I agree with you! some people have nothing
better to do!

BTW like B.J posted, the info is posted on Lyngsat, so therefore the rules must have changed
Negative, IMO. There's nothing about CHOWDA/1.

Guess that means because some feeds use the same freq's and SR on certain birds and the numbers are on Lyngsat, it's OK to parse the words and claim exception to the not posting feeds rule.

How could there ever be evidence to show cause that posting info causes signals to go encrypted? Might as well call that a Red Herring.

Claims of paranoia aside, All I have is anecdotes. Like when people on SatGuys started buzzing about Myx videos. Then it went scrambled. Like when people on Sat Guys were talking about Soundtrack Channel. Then it went scrambled. etc. etc.

True, we don't know they wouldn't have been scrambled anyway. However, we know some content providers don't like giving away their signal for free when people pay for it. The Fox channels on RTV are a case in point.

Why push it?

OTOH, I know people who pooh pooh this attitude in other areas of life. One guy doesn't lock doors and leaves the keys of his truck on the dashboard. Also he leaves spare change in the bed of the truck and his backback there too. Once he came out of a store and found a guy taking the change out of the bed. He asked the thief what was going on and the thief acted entitled to it. (claimed finders keepers...) Also he lost his backpack too after leaving in in the bed. He did not learn. He would rather not deal with the stress and strain of taking simple precautions.

Sometimes I wish Scott's posts came with footnotes... Whatever...

I'll give you doubters an example, right NOW. At the beginning of this race season some jackhole posted on the SPEED forum that you could go to a particular satellite forum and find out where and how you could use a big dish to watch SPEED NASCAR programming free of charge and commercial free. That programming is now BISS encrypted. :mad:

Anyone who cannot make the connection is hiding under a rock. Posting feeds in the open is bad. We have PROOF. Yet it still goes on, under the guise of freedom. Well these freedom loving fellows, while well intentioned, are going to ruin the hobby for ALL of us. :rant:

Negative, IMO. There's nothing about CHOWDA/1.

Guess that means because some feeds use the same freq's and SR on certain birds and the numbers are on Lyngsat, it's OK to parse the words and claim exception to the not posting feeds rule.

How could there ever be evidence to show cause that posting info causes signals to go encrypted? Might as well call that a Red Herring.

Claims of paranoia aside, All I have is anecdotes. Like when people on SatGuys started buzzing about Myx videos. Then it went scrambled. Like when people on Sat Guys were talking about Soundtrack Channel. Then it went scrambled. etc. etc.

True, we don't know they wouldn't have been scrambled anyway. However, we know some content providers don't like giving away their signal for free when people pay for it. The Fox channels on RTV are a case in point.

Why push it?

OTOH, I know people who pooh pooh this attitude in other areas of life. One guy doesn't lock doors and leaves the keys of his truck on the dashboard. Also he leaves spare change in the bed of the truck and his backback there too. Once he came out of a store and found a guy taking the change out of the bed. He asked the thief what was going on and the thief acted entitled to it. (claimed finders keepers...) Also he lost his backpack too after leaving in in the bed. He did not learn. He would rather not deal with the stress and strain of taking simple precautions.

Sometimes I wish Scott's posts came with footnotes... Whatever...

Reason nothing on Chowda/1, its a wild feed, does not broadcast 24/7

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)