America's Got Talent Season 7 (2012)

The Acts I Voted For...

- Lion Dance Me should be renamed to Lion Dance Meh. Seen it already...
- Turf - excellent! I like this kid and I love what he's done with his act.
- The All Ways - No Ways! I don't like the band and I don't like their music.
- Hawley Magic - they weren't great, but they weren't tragic. The act was pretty good but two things are working against them: they don't look like magicians and I've seen their act before...many, many times.
- Lisa Clark Dancers - boring and their music (bubble effects) was driving me sane! They can say goodbye.
- Aurora Light Painters - train wreck! They pained themselves into a corner.
- Danielle Stallings - out of tune and I didn't like the song nor her performance. I can't believe the twitterites liked her very mediocre singing performance.
- Donovan & Rebecca - boring yet sexy, relaxing yet filled with brief spells or terror, another unique performance. They are moving on...
- Big Barry - in all fairness, the girls were awesome! Unfortunately, somebody please shoot me after Barry whine. Howard was right and Howie was wrong!
- Tim Cotter - very funny tonight. The jokes about being on the lamb and knowing the front of his hand were very funny! I hope he's voted through to the next round.
- Ben Blaque - okay, I like the performance (and the danger) but just how much further can he go with this act. I was actually worried during that last shot.
- Tim Hockenberry - he sang outside of his comfort zone, but I still think he is very talented and a front-runner.

Just finished... I disagree with Turf and Tim Cotter... Turf I felt was boring. Tim Cotter to me would have been funny but he did the same EXACT bit on Last Comic Standing. As a result none of the jokes were funny the second time around.

My top four would have been:
Hawley Magic (Despite their appearance I thought their act was great)
Donovan & Rebecca - I can't stand him when he talks but the performance was very good
Tim Hockenberry - Wasn't a fan of the song but I like the bruce springsteen / cocker type of sound

bottom two: Turf and Tim Cotter with Cotter getting the pass

I do not know why, but I was thinking in terms of a cruise ship. Perhaps it was because these acts were at the level of a good cruise ship act, nothing I saw would really impress me enough to go see in Vegas as a stand alone act.

Lion Dance Me - I would have been bored at the third act with the same costumes... Perhaps they were doing new stuff, but could not tell with the costume covering everything up

Turf - unique, but I would never sit through an act like that. As part of a larger ensemble, maybe but not stand alone

The All Ways - nothing says cruise ship more than them with that song. Not Vegas, but good enough for a cruise ship, I would be entertained

Hawley Magic - Nice trick, if they have a bunch more up their sleeve they have a chance. I like them to go through

Lisa Clark dancers - I agree with Howie, a dance recital quality... Background dancers on a cruise ship?

Aurora Light Painters - Must lose a lot in the TV translation. I still do not understand this act, or appreciate it...

Danielle Stallings - not bad, but I am just not entertained long by a solo singer act like that

Donovan and Rebecca - definitely cruise ship worth, I would see their act. But, the cruise ship show is like 45 minutes, not the long Vegas show, need to see more of what they can do

Big Barry - I would have gone back to the cabin

Tom Cotter - Cruise comic worthy, not sure if Vegas worthy....

Ben Blaque - would make a great cruise ship act. But, need more variety to really meet Vegas

Tim Hockenberry - I would be bored after a couple songs... I have never really been a fan of the singers on AGT, I prefer original songs not covers.

I thought last week was just OK and was hoping this week would be better. The first hour of this week sucks big time.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

If I was a contestant I would hope I got to go this week as the competition is not that great.

Big Barry was just torture to my ears. Don't tell me will only get two decent acts.

I do not know why, but I was thinking in terms of a cruise ship....

I agree. As much as I like some of the acts, it's only like and not love. None of this year's acts have Wowed! me into submission. While I may pay a nominal coverage charge to see them perform at a bar/nightclub, they certainly don't rate a million dollars nor the opportunity to headline in Las Vegas. Hopefully we'll find a "gem" from Youtube.

Big Barry was just torture to my ears. Don't tell me will only get two decent acts.

Having Big Barry headline for an eternity in Hell would be reason enough to turn masses of evildoers into honest, hard-working people. I would have lost my lunch if I wasn't busy checking-out the girls. :)

Terrible.

Two I Like:

Tom Cotter: Yes, I've seen him, but I still found it funny.
Donovan and Rebecca: Man they are good.

Nope:

LionDanceMe: Same ol.
The Allways: Should be the Noways
Hawley Magic: She blew the end. I saw her pushing in the point.
Lisa Clark Dancers: Not bad. But not special enough.
Aurora Light Painters: Blew it big.
Big Barry: My ears pierced

My bubbles:

Turf: Great at what he does. Not a million dollar Vegas show
Danielle Stallings: I found her to be off a few times, but she hit a few good notes.
Tim Hawkenberry: Love his voice, hate the song choice.
Ben Blaque: Enjoyable. What kind of show can you put on though?

S~

I voted for Cotter, Don 'n Becca, Turf and Hackenberry. Turf shouldn't have any problems being voted through since Howard has publically professed his love for him; Hackenberry should be voted through because he has been the strongest performer so far regardless of his song choice last night; Cotter should go through (best performance last night) BUT comedians don't fare well against singers. I would not be surprised to see the slightly above average out-of-tune Danielle Stallings knock him out of the competition; Don 'n Becca should be solid...but I would not be surprised if Stallings knocked her out instead of Cotter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts