Acts my daughter and I voted for this evening:

David "The Bullet" Smith
Joe Castillo
William Close
Unity in Motion
Lindsey Norton
Horse
Olate Dogs

Other than William close, the competition for the other three slots will be fierce.

After the worst week last week, this was definitely the best week of the season so far.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPad using SatelliteGuys

After the worst week last week, this was definitely the best week of the season so far.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPad using SatelliteGuys

Absolutely! A number of very good acts are going to be sent home tonight. Unfortunatley, they will all be more talented than many of the acts begrudgingly advanced over the previous three weeks.

Last night was a very good night. When they announced the dog act was going to be the last act I was a bit worried that it would end on a down note and was happily proven wrong.

I thought the cannonball act David "The Bullet" Smith was too one dimensional... I can see why people like him but it just didn't work for me.

That said my top three are:
Joe Castillo - Very original act. I had a bit of trouble this time with what his images were supposed to be on first watch (the first two) but it is a truly original act and I think is one of the best.
William Close - I love the sound that he generates just the sheer size of the instrument. I agree the singer was not the best but it was still impressive to see.
Olate Dogs - Actually better than the BGT Dog act last week. Despite the dog missing the one jump (which likely would have gotten a buzz from piers) it was a very great act.

Wow will there be AGT next year?

Stern keeps saying that he thinks he won't be back next year and now its announced that Sharron Osborne is leaving the show.

Probably one of the best shows ever. What a tough night for voters. They should have been spread out better over the four weeks. I see several coming back for the Judges' Pick/Wildcard show.

Need to go:

All That!: Not bad, but not a million dollard act
David "The Bullet" Smith: Same thing with a bunch of dancing cheerleaders. Sideshow act
Eric & Olivia: I love her. He is replaceable
Horse: Seriously. Many didn't hit. Watch the pole carefully
Sebastien "El Charro de Oro": He isn't that great. He can hit some hard long notes.
Ulysses: I love him, but Bandstand probably wasn't the best choice

Defintely in (one might be judges' pick):

Eric Dittelman: That one is not hard. Seen it done, but entertaining
Joe Castillo: Amazing
William Close: Best thing I have eve seen on this show. I'd pay in a heart beat.
Olate Dogs: I didn't think that routine was that great, and one of the dogs missed the hop. But.. America will vote them through

Close but no cigar. Could come back as a judges' pick:

Lindsey Norton: Better dancer than Unity in Motion
Unity in Motion: Nice group. Really good performance

Cannon ball is a wildcard for me tonight, but could be a judges' pick.

S~

Wow will there be AGT next year?

Stern keeps saying that he thinks he won't be back next year and now its announced that Sharron Osborne is leaving the show.

Who needs three judges when you can have Howie and 60-minutes of really bad comedy acts, dudes attempting to smash and/or blow up their genitals, and Big Barry...followed by Big Barry...and then more Big Barry! Okay, perhaps we won't have AGT next year.

Who needs three judges when you can have Howie and 60-minutes of really bad comedy acts, dudes attempting to smash and/or blow up their genitals, and Big Barry...followed by Big Barry...and then more Big Barry! Okay, perhaps we won't have AGT next year.

They've already announced Season 8... they announced auditions a few weeks ago cutting to a commercial break.

Howie will stay on board and if they show Howard the money I am pretty sure he'll stick around. Finding a woman to fill in for Sharon should be fairly easy... especially since they began looking for a 4th female judge last year until Howard talked them out of it I am sure they have some good ideas who could fill in already.

They've already announced Season 8... they announced auditions a few weeks ago cutting to a commercial break.

Howie will stay on board and if they show Howard the money I am pretty sure he'll stick around. Finding a woman to fill in for Sharon should be fairly easy... especially since they began looking for a 4th female judge last year until Howard talked them out of it I am sure they have some good ideas who could fill in already.

I know, I'm just joking...I like Howie and AGT is one of the very few (like two) hit shows NBC has in their lineup. I certainly didn't miss their first female judge (don't even recall her name), I didn't miss Hasselhoff one bit, I did miss Piers when he left, but I will really miss Sharon.

No surprises here with the following acts moving through:

- Olate Dogs
- William Close
- Joe Castillo

However, I think All That! will be eliminated and the judges will select Lindsey Norton over Eric Dittelman.

duckydan said:

How can it work with an even number of judges? What happens in a tie?

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

How can it work with an even number of judges? What happens in a tie?

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys
Two points:

1. During the elimation rounds, they don't need a tie-breakers since that was something the show concocted; simply said, the judges decided between the 4th and 5th place vote getter. Just send through the 4th place finisher (who rightfully deserves to go through anyway) and get rid of the fictitious tie-breaker.

2. During the auditions...simple, it takes 3-votes to move to the Las Vegas show. The judges have been pass through way too many acts...acts that don't deserver to perform in the elimination rounds, and I would venture to guess that more than half of the acts passed through are never seen or heard from again. They all get a free trip to Vegas and are told they won't be performing.

Next Episode: Season 7, Episode 22

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"You Tube Acts:" Twelve acts discovered online perform.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts