Andrew Channel Master 4ft/1.2m Satellite Dish (Ku band / C band) - $85; Worth the effort?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray Hair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
N WV
Andrew Channel Master 4ft/1.2m Satellite Dish (Ku band / C band) - $85

00c0c_fQwCh4QCFs0_1200x900.jpg

Used for legal FTA satellite TV reception.

Includes choice of LNB: Invacom QPH-031 or Avenger PLL322S-2.

Also includes mount, stand, and base as pictured.

Other accessories are available.

Total of 5 pictures on site.

https://morgantown.craigslist.org/ele/d/andrew-channel-master-4ft-12m/6424323865.html

---------------------------------

Is this worth the aggravation?

A. Problems:

a) It is probably to high,some of the old houses in that area are tall,and being on a roof. I would not take it down.

b) Other sources show it having 3”pipe for mounting.

c) Raven, next owner of production; sat search store in EU shows shows using a 18”super jack for motor. Wow that thing must be heavy?

d) At 4 ft. I doubt it would fit in a car?

e) Is it something I want?

f) while I have KU set up for several years, I am not deeply familiar with it.

B.What I have:

a) 36” GEOSATpro on temporary mount, 97W. 97W Seems to be loosing more channels of interest, because their gone.

i. Have HH90 motor not mounted, have pole not installed.

b) MicroHd

c) Line of sight:probably lower than Hispasat W30 and to 125W for PBS with probably some trees. Maybe 139W according to dish pointer with probably trees. Going by dishpointer.

Andrew Channel Master 4ft/1.2m Satellite Dish (Ku band / C band) - $85

00c0c_fQwCh4QCFs0_1200x900.jpg

Used for legal FTA satellite TV reception.

Includes choice of LNB: Invacom QPH-031 or Avenger PLL322S-2.

Also includes mount, stand, and base as pictured.

Other accessories are available.

Total of 5 pictures on site.

https://morgantown.craigslist.org/ele/d/andrew-channel-master-4ft-12m/6424323865.html

---------------------------------

Is this worth the aggravation?

A. Problems:

a) It is probably to high,some of the old houses in that area are tall,and being on a roof. I would not take it down.

b) Other sources show it having 3”pipe for mounting.

c) Raven, next owner of production; sat search store in EU shows shows using a 18”super jack for motor. Wow that thing must be heavy?

d) At 4 ft. I doubt it would fit in a car?

e) Is it something I want?

f) while I have KU set up for several years, I am not deeply familiar with it.

B.What I have:

a) 36” GEOSATpro on temporary mount, 97W. 97W Seems to be loosing more channels of interest, because their gone.

i. Have HH90 motor not mounted, have pole not installed.

b) MicroHd

c) Line of sight:probably lower than Hispasat W30 and to 125W for PBS with probably some trees. Maybe 139W according to dish pointer with probably trees. Going by dishpointer.
If you have google earth it's easy to find.It's way up there on a steep roof,wouldn't touch it without a manlift/bucket truck.

Reactions: Gray Hair
Tell they owner to take it down for you and you'll buy it. Nice dish. they weigh 22 lbs. (fiberglass part) The dish is a fixed mount. It would not fit on the HH90. I think you can put it on a STAB HH120 with an adapter pipe. I brought mine home in the back of my Subaru wagon. It just fit through the tailgate. I use a microHD also.

Waylew,
I be leave I found it, but sheesh. It's not only on a high 2 story house, with exposed basement up from the street on a bank. It's on top of a dormer that is smaller and higher than a regular dormer that's on the front. The size appears to be a large house, with 2 chimneys that I can see, and the chimney it is fastened to goes down through the house, so it is inset quite a bit from the edge of the roof.

Reactions: waylew
Waylew

Don't have any idea in how to explain this, This area of WV is hills, and town is built on hills. So that adds more distance between that building across & down the street from this home.

Thanks.

Reactions: Babadem
00z0z_byekkBACoW8_600x450.jpg

Another picture, just to touch all bases, and in case of problems that I am not aware of.

I take it is still a good idea to get a receipt showing I bought it free and clear, in case it wasn't theirs to sell?

All suggestions, reviews & opinions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Yes, that is the fixed mount that was used on these dishes. There used to be a polar mount available but no longer made. There is a UK version of a polar mount available in Europe. You saw that on their web site. If you are good with your hands, have tools and mechanical skills there are other possibilities :)
I did this recently...... ? offset angle Primestar 1.2m

E-mail sent, so I guess I may find out about the dish.

Puzzlement: There has been no comment on what problems to check on this dish, no string check mentioned? Is it that good?

M/S, I have equipment available, just not much of a welder. Some mechanical skills on repair side instead of fabrication, maybe minor fabrication.

No string test needed, those dishes are so good that they keep their shapes over the years. And this is difference from nowadays made-of-tin dishes.

E-mail sent, so I guess I may find out about the dish.

Puzzlement: There has been no comment on what problems to check on this dish, no string check mentioned? Is it that good?

M/S, I have equipment available, just not much of a welder. Some mechanical skills on repair side instead of fabrication, maybe minor fabrication.

You'd break the STRING! lol

I've seen a Primestar 1 meter dish dropped from a roof, and it didn't damage the reflector. It did leave a hole in the dirt though...

00z0z_byekkBACoW8_600x450.jpg

Another picture, just to touch all bases, and in case of problems that I am not aware of.

I take it is still a good idea to get a receipt showing I bought it free and clear, in case it wasn't theirs to sell?

All suggestions, reviews & opinions are greatly appreciated.
Use PB Blaster or some sort of penetrating oil on the bolts. I broke the fine tune bolt when I had that dish. I could still aim the dish, just not as easily.

Response received from email:
"It is yours for $85. I already took it down.
I also have a Pansat 9200HD receiver. It works well with the 4-ft dish.
I also have a Winegard 30-in dish.
The 4-ft dish comes with an LNB but I also have two more that you might consider.

Other items: a DiSEqC H-H motor (for the 30-in dish), lots of cable, other hardware."

So do I want any of the other items?, I will have to question him about the coax.
On the ad "Includes choice of LNB: Invacom QPH-031 or Avenger PLL322S-2."

PLL322S-2 seems to be a universal KU LNB, two leads. Any value?
Invacom QPH-031, KU LNB 2 Linear& Polar Outputs , with a lot of information that I do not understand?
On these LNB's, am I better off to let them go, and maybe buy a Maverick LNB, or use GEOSATpro I got with my 36" dish.

Pansat 9200HD receiver, Is this thing to old to even keep as a spare, seems it has some issues also, I don't need any more junk.

Don't know any reason for 30" dish.

I am seriously thinking about asking for a receipt listing as sold free and clear, in case it is not theirs to sell, to protect myself.
Opinions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)