ANIK F2 - Thy End Is Near

There's always going to be high spots when the satellite comes into your dish's focus. Power may be being bumped a bit to reduce the impact on the other side of the service area (the Great White North).
Are you saying this is a temporary aberration? Reception in Arizona with an 800 receiver would suggest reception is possible beyond the beam map you have posted.

Reactions: grantb3
My bad. At this point, I'm not sure what channels are on what sat and in what mode. I'm getting strong reception of 252 and 258, it's true that reception of some F2 channels has been a bit stronger in recent weeks. I don't have 94-96 on my channel line-up. The earlier Arizona report on this thread made me wonder if people were getting unexpected reception of G1. I can't judge signal strength on a 600-series receiver as many of the channels now send me to the barker channel telling me I need to upgrade. At this point, I have no more CBC channels, though I still get TCM and the two remaining Super Ecrans.

My bad. At this point, I'm not sure what channels are on what sat and in what mode. I'm getting strong reception of 252 and 258, it's true that reception of some F2 channels has been a bit stronger in recent weeks. I don't have 94-96 on my channel line-up. The earlier Arizona report on this thread made me wonder if people were getting unexpected reception of G1. I can't judge signal strength on a 600-series receiver as many of the channels now send me to the barker channel telling me I need to upgrade. At this point, I have no more CBC channels, though I still get TCM and the two remaining Super Ecrans.
94-96 aren't channels theyre Bajasat's signal strengths for the channels he said.

Even on a barker channel you can go into the settings and see the signal strength. Or do it on TCM.

Reactions: bajasat
Drift is now more than +/- 0.80 degree N/S.

1699467252976.png

Last edited:
It will be interestiing to see what channels will be lost during the Nov 16-Nov 30 transition schedule.
My comment earlier about still getting most channels fine on an 800 series meant with either an 800 or 830 receiver. As of today, that is still the case.

Understandable that southern subs with only the 600 series receivers would be cancelling their service.

I lost CTV Sci-Fi the other day, so unless there is some magic method for getting the 800-series box that Shaw constantly begs me in emails to accept, looks like I'm heading out the door.

I subscribe from the "southern provinces" via a broker. My Canadian address is a mail drop in Ontario. See the problem?

Also worth noting is that they aren't free either. They are only available as a rental and you'd eventually have to return it too. Like you, I am soon out.

Yes but you didn't say b4 that you weren't in Canada. So no use getting a new rcvr.
If you follow the Shaw threads here, most of the active participants are seasonally or permanently located in the "southern provinces" (snowbird habitats) where service availability is increasingly questionable.

But some ppl have been getting free rentals. Anyway it doesn't matter if you can't get G1 so no reason to get a new rcvr.
None of this is a problem for any Canadian residents except those in the remote northern tier so you aren't likely to see many Canadians in this thread. Anyway, they have recourse by complaining to Shaw.

I'm actually on the southern edge of the G1 footprint and seem to be getting some of the relocated channels. If I were to peak my dish (which hasn't been done in some time) for G1 I might be ok signal-wise. G1 is even less of an issue for subs closer to the Canadian border. However, getting the 800-series box seems to be impossible and like someone else said, returning it would also likely be impossible.