Anik F3 at 118.8

Status
Please reply by conversation.
thank you!!!!. will see if pain reliefs this afternoon and no rain so i will repoint the fixed 6 footer today. been sick and in pain since last monday when i installed it @ 58w. finally a solution for the lost spanish equity channels.

Anik F3 getting G18 channels?

I see on Lyngsat that some of the lost G18 channels like KDEV, KWWF, etc. apparently may be found on C band Anik F3 transponder 6A. Thinking of moving my 10 footer from 107.3 to 121 W so that only a small adjustment would be necessary to get 118.8 W bird. Hope they add more programming to the FTA group there!

Last edited by a moderator:
well since some moron posted it to Lyngsat I guess we can talk about it in the open (so when they get scrambeld I can say I told ya so) :rolleyes:

Those channels are the ones that Equity sold to a bank. Those are the only ones that are left. The rest are gone (sold to other owners) so nothing else will be added. If you followed the Equity thread the last few channels left a week ago are the only ones that moved

The non spanish ones are showing @Sports which is on 87W too

well since some moron posted it to Lyngsat I guess we can talk about it in the open (so when they get scrambeld I can say I told ya so) :rolleyes:

I found them with the 1.2 meter dish the other day (10 channels) but did not want to mention it publically just in case as it had not been posted at Lygnsat. However it is a little weak for me, the Coolsat shows 80% on the level and bouncing 69 to70% on the quality. Wasn't to concerned about tweaking the dish for these channels as they may not last.

It's been a little bit weak that transponder since I accidentaly found them about 10 days ago, and from all the reports i've read since then in some open forums it seems like a lot of people are having trouble getting more than 60% Q, 'funny' thing is: the people who have also accidentaly stumbled upon those channels were because the Q is strong enough to be caught at 121ºW OR 116.8ºW but not strong enough to have flawless video.

Cheers

Mike

I also found these by accident a few days back. But the audio/video for me is perfect. I just did a little experiment, have to drive the dish a full 1 degree off target before the Q drops to around 63% and starts to pixelate and the audio scretches.

I get them pretty strong on the 6 footer, 91 Q on the CS 6000 and 98 on the CS 8100. BTW I can see now how wide the beam is for this 6 footers as I can get a few TP's from the adjacent bird at 121, some of them even use 7/8 FEC. I will try tomorrow move it east just a bit to get more spanish channels from 121W while keeping enough signal from 118.8W.

BTW if someone happens to meet/know "the moron" please thank him/her on my behalf. I am a happy camper now.

I posted something here about it last week. I'd seen it in numerous places....real obvious places too. If that makes me a moron oh well....just kidding. Blind

I found them with the 1.2 meter dish the other day (10 channels) but did not want to mention it publically just in case as it had not been posted at Lygnsat. However it is a little weak for me, the Coolsat shows 80% on the level and bouncing 69 to70% on the quality. Wasn't to concerned about tweaking the dish for these channels as they may not last.

Diddo Buddy, I found them last week as well.

Ive been trying to tune this in. is the sr 18447? tp 3920 any other settings that a coolsat 5000 should have? thanks

those settings even work great on my cs 6000 slaved in the bedroom. and i just finished repointing to somewhere between anik and 121W and now I get everything from both birds!!!, including several 7/8 FEC signals. well the genesis tp will probably die during heavy rain even if it is c band as it is super borderline on that receiver (slight audio cut out every few minutes). using the birdog i managed to sacrifice the new anik c signals and improve the signals from 121W enough. even after the 3x4 switch every receiver is working.

consumer grade LNB's drift a lot and probably has internal circuitry to scan in the vecinity so it will lock anyways even if you set the freceuncy off a bit or the SR. The bird dog behaves the same. FEC is critical though either you use exact value or auto.

thanks equity for leaving 123W!!!, I have found some other interesting stuff somewhere on c band now.

I tried to tune this in yesterday on my 6' stationary true focus spun dish. It has lnb and I do not have power going to the blue box for polarity. I spun the feedhorn around for the strongest signal. Looking in the feedhorn at the small arm that makes the v h when power is applied. QUESTION when the small arm is parallel to the ground does that mean you have it Horazonal? and up and down for vertical?
Second question. (on TP freq and SR)I worked on tuning this for hours. I had a satellite tuner (cheap one) in line and I had a signal so strong I had to keep tuning it down and down till it was almost off. But my coolsat hooked up out at the dish could not find that transponder 3.920 SR 18.447. Is this the proper tp and sr?
Last night I read about the 121 sat so I added that into the coolsat for when I try. If 121 is easier to find I will at least know when I am close. I usually can find these things with a compass and a short time of trying.
again.
Any light on the 2 questions would be appreciated. thanks

QUESTION when the small arm is parallel to the ground does that mean you have it Horazonal? and up and down for vertical?
depends on which satellite and if its your true south or not :)
I noticed on those older LNB's skew depends on the satellite. If I remember right (and my memory is foggy) the notch would be at 9:00 or 3:00 for Horizontal

But my coolsat hooked up out at the dish could not find that transponder 3.920 SR 18.447. Is this the proper tp and sr?
yes it is

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)