Annoying Epix message

Luckily I don't watch Speed channel. IF this becomes every channel I will have to rethink my almost 15 years with DISH. I don't like being delayed on my channel changes each time till I hit cancel.

I know it's only up for a few seconds, but it is annoying because it's information I will not be (at least sometimes) interested in every time I change a channel. They don't flash up the receiver ID, bootstrap version, etc., etc., everytime. Why? Because most people don't care.

Dear Dish: If you're going to have the 'come see our wonderful online content (that's probably temporarily unavailable anyways AND does not work with Firefox)' message at the bottom, then at least give your paying subscribers the option to disable the message after we get the hint. Or, even better, make the banner stop appearing after we've seen it on that channel once during the current billing cycle. Or loop the message in the screensaver message instead!

Luckily I don't watch Speed channel. IF this becomes every channel I will have to rethink my almost 15 years with DISH. I don't like being delayed on my channel changes each time till I hit cancel.
You are NOT being delayed. The banner is on no longer than the program info that has always been there.

You are NOT being delayed. The banner is on no longer than the program info that has always been there.

IF you say so. But in my experience on HBO channels, I see a black screen then a banner then the picture appear. So this does delay my time in my experience. It doesn't happen on my locals or ota locals or other sat channels not affected.

IF you say so. But in my experience on HBO channels, I see a black screen then a banner then the picture appear. So this does delay my time in my experience. It doesn't happen on my locals or ota locals or other sat channels not affected.

I does just exactly that w/ HD theater. So my friends DishTechPA & KAB looks like there is some delay. It's delay, black screen, then banner over the picture.

I sub to Hbo during the summer for True Blood. I don't have it during the regular tv season ,because I have more than enough shows to watch and the other series tv on Hbo is not as good to me to justify paying $16.00 a month.

I just tried that on my 612, that does not have the new banner yet. It is exactly as you describe without the banner. From the time hit recall, to the time I see a picture is approx 4 seconds. During that time it's a black screen, then the top banner on a black screen, then the picture. I can hit cancel as soon as the top banner appears, which is before there is even a picture.

I'm seeing about a 4-5 second delay as well when I tune to any of the banner'd channels before the banners go away and the video comes on. Usually, there's audio along with the black screen and banner, but sometimes not. I can tune to a banner'd channel, hit cancel and get both the audio and video almost immediately however. It's annoying, but I'm learning to live with it, as I'm sure it's not going to go away anytime soon...

This delay is what I used to see on the Directv hd dvr when I had native resolution turned on . It used to take 4 seconds to get a picture as the dvr would change the resolution to match the native picture. I hated it and turned it off or back to a fixed resolution to get my tv back to normal. Unfortunately with DISH , I can't do this. DISH needs to add software to disable the banner so we don't have to put up with this.

I'm seeing about a 4-5 second delay as well when I tune to any of the banner'd channels before the banners go away and the video comes on. Usually, there's audio along with the black screen and banner, but sometimes not. I can tune to a banner'd channel, hit cancel and get both the audio and video almost immediately however. It's annoying, but I'm learning to live with it, as I'm sure it's not going to go away anytime soon...
The problem I'm seeing (722k w/L685) is that cancel doesn't always work. And something else when my AV receiver is on (hdmi to tv does not go through receiver) I see the receiver go through three retrains to pick up audio ... well I call it a retrain, its actually picking up a signal, chooses the audio mode to be in, then resets, goes to another audio mode, and then when the picture finally comes on, the AV receiver has done a third blank/audio mode selection and then the audio starts.

when the 722k responds to a press of "cancel" to clear the channel/ad banner the process is much faster 1/2 to 1/3rd as long as when pressing cancel doesn't work .. and of course when cancel doesn't work.. I still find myself having pressed cancel a 2nd and 3rd time thinking the first attempt or two wasn't picked up...

its like the whole thing is an attempt by dish, to get the user so disgusted in attempting to clear the banner, fail at it nearly every time, so that you eventually give up trying any more. But then there are times when hitting cancel works nearly instantly.. no rhyme or reason. :(

The problem I'm seeing (722k w/L685) is that cancel doesn't always work. And something else when my AV receiver is on (hdmi to tv does not go through receiver) I see the receiver go through three retrains to pick up audio ... well I call it a retrain, its actually picking up a signal, chooses the audio mode to be in, then resets, goes to another audio mode, and then when the picture finally comes on, the AV receiver has done a third blank/audio mode selection and then the audio starts.

when the 722k responds to a press of "cancel" to clear the channel/ad banner the process is much faster 1/2 to 1/3rd as long as when pressing cancel doesn't work .. and of course when cancel doesn't work.. I still find myself having pressed cancel a 2nd and 3rd time thinking the first attempt or two wasn't picked up...

its like the whole thing is an attempt by dish, to get the user so disgusted in attempting to clear the banner, fail at it nearly every time, so that you eventually give up trying any more. But then there are times when hitting cancel works nearly instantly.. no rhyme or reason. :(

I haven't had it (hitting cancel) fail often with my 622, but on about 1 of every 5 or so events...there's no rhyme or reason that I can discern either...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts