Annoying Epix message

What we're talking about has nothing to do with Dish, does it? It's just the stupid stuff that all channels put at the bottom of the screen, like TNT, BBCA, ESPN, Bravo, etc etc. along with the premiums.

DING, DING, DING.....We've got a winner!!!! Despite the mass hysteria, the Epix banners are NOT generated by Dish nor are they Dish specific in ANY respect. It has absolutely nothing to do with software upgrades. The channels themselves are posting them. Another example of laying the blame on someone else's doorstep.

I still haven't tuned in to check, but are you sure they're coming from Epix themselves? How stupid.

DING, DING, DING.....We've got a winner!!!! Despite the mass hysteria, the Epix banners are NOT generated by Dish nor are they Dish specific in ANY respect. It has absolutely nothing to do with software upgrades. The channels themselves are posting them. Another example of laying the blame on someone else's doorstep.
You are so wrong. They are being generated by Dish starting with the new 722 upgrade. We are NOT talking about logo bugs like alot of channels have on the screen. This is a long banner that happens briefly after you tune in the channels. It has the same look as the top banners which tell what channel and program you are watching. Unless you have a box with the new software, don't be a fanboy and try to protect Dish. It's obvious you have never seen what we are talking about.
Thanks alot Dish engineers.

Is it definitely not connected to either of the TV Enhancements settings?

KAB said:

DING DING WRONG! The VIP software update started this. As stated earlier I have one box doing this and another not.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

First pop-ups on your websites, now on your set-top. My sister in law has Dish and was asking me how to nuke them.

Best thing to do is lodge complaints to Dish. Reminds me of some websites that show an interstitial before letting you hit the page.

DIRT it's time to tell E* that we are getting PO'd about this invasive POP UP on the HD DVR for these added price programming. This is the 1st time I have ever felt like I wanted to call D* over.:mad::(

There is one additional insult to add to this "enhanced banner" if you will..

That if I go to DishOnline and attempt to start playing anything from my DVR ... it immedately starts playing on TV1 !!!

So they took themselves out of beta, just after this bug (press play on web dvr'd event, and TV1 starts playing) showed up ... and it seems may have started when they were pushing LIVE from beta.. its been 3 weeks and dish still hasn't corrected it..

and now they spam us with an annoying message.. give dish an inch and pretty soon you're at mile marker 50 wondering how you go there ... it was dish.. someone gave 'um an inch and they took a mile.. 50 inches .. fifty miles..

And someone at Dish IRT didn't want to include my calling the people working on DishOnline as "idiots" ... no better word for them! (idiots are D.O. not Dish IRT)

Just got my software updated on 722 and I see what you guys are talking about. Every time, EVERY TIME, I switch to an EPIX channel there's this big popup banner clear across the bottom. Very irritating. After a couple of times you think I don't know about your online services? There are lots of network and cable channels I don't watch because of this stuff. I expect better from movie channels. Give me a break!

Finally got the upgrade. Three to four frinkin' seconds cause this much stir? Unbelievable!!!

Finally got the upgrade. Three to four frinkin' seconds cause this much stir? Unbelievable!!!

I don't pay what I pay Dish per month to see screen spam on the premium channels...otherwise, I'd just watch AMC, BBCA, TNT, TBS and Syfy and put up with commercials and screen spam. It unbelievable that Epix (and other premiums) are starting to act like regular channels and spamming the screen during movies. I'm not terribly pleased that they're doing something I pay extra to get away from...

I don't pay what I pay Dish per month to see screen spam on the premium channels...otherwise, I'd just watch AMC, BBCA, TNT, TBS and Syfy and put up with commercials and screen spam. It unbelievable that Epix (and other premiums) are starting to act like regular channels and spamming the screen during movies. I'm not terribly pleased that they're doing something I pay extra to get away from...
Again, Unbelievable. I barely had time to pay attention before it was gone. It's not on ANY LONGER than the program info on the top of the screen. Have not heard anyone complain about that. There are TONS more things in life more deserving to b*tch about.

Last edited:
KAB said:
Again, Unbelievable. I barely had time to pay attention before it was gone. It's not on ANY LONGER than the program info on the top of the screen. Have not heard anyone complain about that. There are TONS more things in life more deserving to b*tch about.

AMEN!!!!

My friend I think it would be much better if it was much more transparent. i don't like it either and yes it is only a few seconds but does irritate me. Just afraid that it may portent things to come that will be worse & of longer duration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts