Annoying Epix message

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It is spreading!
PLDIA
INDIE
RETRO
HDTHR
HDNMV
UNIHD
MGM
SMC
PIXL
SUND
MAX-E
MAX-W
MOMAX
ACMAX
5-MAX
HBO-E
HBO-W
HBO2E
HBO2W
HBOSG
HBOCY
HBOZ
HBOFM
TMC-E
EPIX1
EPIX2

Try channel surfing and see how annoying it is.

It is spreading!
PLDIA
INDIE
RETRO
HDTHR
HDNMV
UNIHD
MGM
SMC
PIXL
SUND
MAX-E
MAX-W
MOMAX
ACMAX
5-MAX
HBO-E
HBO-W
HBO2E
HBO2W
HBOSG
HBOCY
HBOZ
HBOFM
TMC-E
EPIX1
EPIX2

Try channel surfing and see how annoying it is.

OK. At first this didn't bother me too much, but now I'm officially hacked off! :rant:

How LOUDLY do I type I told you so ... O:)

**AND** it seems now *EVERY* channel you change to is slowed down as a result.

I'm use to seeing the satellite channel fill in video and be putting sound through.. but now there's 3 to 5 seconds of BLANK screen behind the channel and ad display.

F*****G DISH!!!

And dishonline is still broken.. pressing play on any DVR item I have .. causes it to immediately start playing on TV1 rather than in the webpage.

Last edited:
THIS IS ON HBO NOW! I PAY $16 OR WHATEVER EXORBITANT PRICE IT HAS BEEN RAISED TO FOR THESE CHANNELS AND I DO NOT WANT TO SEE YOUR ****ING ADS EVERY TIME I CHANGE THE CHANNEL! GET RID OF THESE BEFORE I CANCEL HBO!

It hasn't slowed my chanels from displaying.
I've rebooted a second time now.. for me.. its happening even on my Locals.. (not OTA dont' have an OTA module)

What I'm seeing on *non* premium channels.. is that the channel banner comes up ... and the screen is blank/black screened behind the channel banner. No video no audio.. and then after 3 to 5 seconds the audio or video starts and then the other..

*BEFORE* today ... that only happened on Epix ... and some time either before L683 (on a 722k receiver) or before L685 ... I could hit cancel on the remote .. and the channel banner would drop out ... NOW.. since the under_channel-banner ads are on.. I can't hit cancel to get rid of the channel banner. And if I hit cancel a couple of times thinking the receiver didn't pick up the first cancel.. it of course catches up with me.. by flashing the channel banner (without the annoying message under it) on/off the screen till the remote key buffer is cleared out.

Its a "minor" annoyance... but it gets compounded like this.. and really just irritates the sh*t out of me.. especially since I'm paying for premiums and getting pandered to go to dishonline .. not even pandered.. is more like Dish is trying to perform a cattle drive.. drive the customers to dish online.. sell customers on the Sling Adapter.. for basically free.. but then not make it work properly at DishOnline??

Its like I've said elsewhere.. what does dish do right? the delivery of 200+ channels reliably *weather forgiven ... but in everything else they've done ... they've screwed up 6 ways to sunday.

On a positive note using this forum for constructive comments, positive and negative, seems to get some level of attention at Dish. The DIRT folks help also.
There are things I don't like and I generally balance them with what I do before I complain. Of course asking why a feature is what it is is different.
I can say that the guide change with the "My HD" feature out weighs, for me, any annoyance with flagrant advertising in a briefly displayed banner.
I take more exception to the channel icon location and the advertising included with that. It is what it is and eventually it will be moved, maybe not in my life time.
Of course we could go back to the discussion about who would have thought folks, including us, would be paying not only for OTA but for tv in general!

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

On a positive note using this forum for constructive comments, positive and negative, seems to get some level of attention at Dish. The DIRT folks help also.
There are things I don't like and I generally balance them with what I do before I complain. Of course asking why a feature is what it is is different.
I can say that the guide change with the "My HD" feature out weighs, for me, any annoyance with flagrant advertising in a briefly displayed banner.
I take more exception to the channel icon location and the advertising included with that. It is what it is and eventually it will be moved, maybe not in my life time.
Of course we could go back to the discussion about who would have thought folks, including us, would be paying not only for OTA but for tv in general!

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Well today it seems after a third reboot ... hitting cancel to clear the channel banner & message is working again ....

2 power pulls, and a 5am auto reboot, and finally cancel works ... again.. people wonder why people get angry with dish.. annoying messages, receivers that for no discernible reason perform out of character.. or maybe the software really is that crappy ..

Did you see yesterdays uplink report - there were popups turned on all over the place.

If we don't stop this theyll be running scrolling banners at the bottom of every channel just like ESPN!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)