Another C/KU Band LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scott Greczkowski said:
Correct me if I am wrong but a Corotor does not do Disecq. And also a FTA box can not switch polaraties in the Corotor.

DiSEcQ - Can you explain this for me please? I am confused, I thought this was an IRD function that interacts with my actuator; not sure now. How does my feedhorn come into play with DiSEcQ?

OK, this is what I am trying to figure out; I currently slave my DVB/FTV to a Houston Tracker Premier70 and have access to a Motorola 4DTV DSR-922; those handle the polarity switching; correct? I am trying to determine if this new item would be an easier, better quality option than what I have. I don't want to buy something new for what I am already doing; the old don't fix what isn't broken thing.

Thanks

Last edited:
I've never tried it, but there are lnbf settings in the 4dtv. I can only assume it will work? I think the difference between a feedhorn with servo motor for an lnb, and an lnbf is, where the polarity control comes from. Both are done through electricity, an lnbf uses the coax to send the correct message, while the polarotor gets it's information through separate wiring. It could be the 4dtv isn't capable of sending this information for an lnbf through the coax, but it certainly has a setting for an lnbf in the settings. So, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Of course, I have no idea what I'm talking about?

Al

spindoctor said:
what's wrong with mine pete?

6 sold in a year not bad.:)

That's what I mean! Time for you to crank up the production line :)

They are not easy to find and are getting VERY popular :up

PSB said:
That's what I mean! Time for you to crank up the production line :)

They are not easy to find and are getting VERY popular :up

pete

i was joking.... 6 scalar rings in a year.............. that's bad

plus i have the production :hatsoff:

We sent Scott an engineering sample of the C/KU LNBF as the container of LNBFs and accessories is clearing customs as I write. We will provide a production version for your future review.

INSTALL HINTS:
Upon the completion of the install the plastic cover show be covering the feedhorn opening to discourage the accumilation of water and prevent wasps and other insects from taking up residence in the feedhorn.

The dialectric block should only be inserted for the reception of circular polarized C-Band signals such as NSS-806.

Attach the LNBF to the feed assembly. With the dish aimed at a confirmed KU satellite location and the receiver placed on an active KU transponder start the LNBF tuning process.

Place LNBF feedhorn into the scaler ring so the the scaler is mounted near the end of the throat. Slowly rotate the LNBF to peak the quality level then slide the LNBF slowly towards and away from the reflector in an attempt to attempt to increase the quality level.

NOTES:
The main reason for the production of the combined C/KU LNBF is that the majority of DVBS receivers cannot control servo controlled polarity selector used with feedhorn / LNB combinations, such as the Corotor. The CorotorII combined with high stability C and KU band LNBs are far superior as compared to the combined C/KU LNBFs, but the C/KU LNBF fills a void for many hobbyist who wish to explore C-Band without a major investment.

Those of you who already own a Feedhorn/LNB combination with a compatible receiver will probably have no reason to purchase or use the combined C/KU LNBFs. I believe that it is great for the growth of our hobby that many are once again exploring the C-Band and being introduced to the forgotten band very inexpensively!

NOTES:
The main reason for the production of the combined C/KU LNBF is that the majority of DVBS receivers cannot control servo controlled polarity selector used with feedhorn / LNB combinations, such as the Corotor. The CorotorII combined with high stability C and KU band LNBs are far superior as compared to the combined C/KU LNBFs, but the C/KU LNBF fills a void for many hobbyist who wish to explore C-Band without a major investment.

Those of you who already own a Feedhorn/LNB combination with a compatible receiver will probably have no reason to purchase or use the combined C/KU LNBFs. I believe that it is great for the growth of our hobby that many are once again exploring the C-Band and being introduced to the forgotten band very inexpensively!

Ahh, thank you for answering that, it has been gnawing at me since I saw this item.

SatelliteAV, thanks for the LNB, I am looking forward to installing it, the weather here is uncertain for the weekend.

I will be brings a TV outside with receiver so I can nail it without running in and out. :)

Thanks for the tips!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Correct me if I am wrong but a Corotor does not do Disecq. And also a FTA box can not switch polaraties in the Corotor.
Hi Scott,
A diseqc switch can be used with a corotor, I have used mine with one. Put the c band side in one port, and the ku side into another port of the switch.

Some FTA boxes can be used with a polarotor to control polarity on a corotor. My satworks 3618 and pansat 2700a can be used to control a polarotor. Not many FTA receivers can do this. Besides pansat (some models), satworks, and manhatten recievers I am not aware of any other brands that can control a polarotor.

Well I tried to install it. :)

I went out and took of the Invacom LNB and replace it with this one....

As I did it out of no where the skies opened up and its been raining hard.

Nothing to report yet, but when we great a break in the weather I am going back out to tinker. :D

It's still raining Cats and Dogs here...

Here is a DUMB question...

Which output is KU and Which is Cband>

Is the one on the end KU and the one in the middle C Band? Or vice versa?

Disapointed

:confused: Must say that I had big hopes on this new dual LNB, but I must say that after fine tuning it in my 3 metre mesh dish for several days - I have taken it out of the dish and put back my good old ADL RP1 CP400-CKU "corotor". I could make it nearly work perfect on C band, but it was impossible to get it to work on Ku band. Even the Ku sats here in Europe that is receivable with smal dishes (40cm), did have pixelation. I think the concept of putting a Ku LNB in the rear of the C LNB sounds great, but it seems to not work in real life! :confused:

I found this information on another site, please give a response.

New C and KU from 1 LNB on the same cable. C/Ku Band dual-pol. twin output LNBF is an integration product of One C-Band and one Ku-Band dual-pol.single output LNBF. It is convenient for the user to receive the all C-Band satellite TV and all Ku-Band satellite TV program at the same.
Works with most any receiver:
Has built in Diseqc switch for 1 wire connection for any C-KU receiver with Diseqc switching.(FTA)
Or use without switch for 4DTV receivers
Receiver must support LNBF switching.

KU LNB can be disconnected from Diseqc switch for 2 Wire connections on standard C and KU Band receivers without Diseqc support.

Sweetp said:
I found this information on another site, please give a response.

New C and KU from 1 LNB on the same cable. C/Ku Band dual-pol. twin output LNBF is an integration product of One C-Band and one Ku-Band dual-pol.single output LNBF. It is convenient for the user to receive the all C-Band satellite TV and all Ku-Band satellite TV program at the same.
Works with most any receiver:
Has built in Diseqc switch for 1 wire connection for any C-KU receiver with Diseqc switching.(FTA)
Or use without switch for 4DTV receivers
Receiver must support LNBF switching.

KU LNB can be disconnected from Diseqc switch for 2 Wire connections on standard C and KU Band receivers without Diseqc support.

I was wondering about this also...

The only New combined C/Ku like the BSC621-2 that will work with the 4DTV is the GeoSatPro GSL1C/Ku LNBF Pro. It has no internal Diseqc switch and the CBand low is 5150 and the Ku Lo: is 10750. You can always put a external Diseqc switch on it to use with any regular mpeg-2 receiver.

Jimmy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)