Another nail in BluRay's coffin?

[quote=IcEWoLF;1312009]Again the price issue comes down, no one is willing to pay over 100$ monthly for just internet.DOCSIS 3.0 is many years away, it will cost cable companies stupid amount of money to replace every single leased box.There is no light for whatever plan you have, too expensive for any average customers.

Again your assuming, the transition from 1.0 to 2.0 was without event and didn’t put the consumer under any “stupid amount” of burden. I would say since that transition overall across the board highspeed prices have come down.

IceWolf:

Don't forget, now that there are "developments" in increased speed, that means the Magic Fairy is going to overnight bring ultra high speed infrastructure to all the boys and girls. "Everyone" knows it. Especially "everyone" that hated Sony/Blu-ray and "knew" HD DVD was better and would win. After all, their judgement and track record are unassailable! :rolleyes: :haha

Just think how rapidly all other advancements were deployed, and how they always worked in the real world! ;)

IceWolf:

Don't forget, now that there are "developments" in increased speed, that means the Magic Fairy is going to overnight bring ultra high speed infrastructure to all the boys and girls. "Everyone" knows it. Especially "everyone" that hated Sony/Blu-ray and "knew" HD DVD was better and would win. After all, their judgement and track record are unassailable! :rolleyes: :haha

Just think how rapidly all other advancements were deployed, and how they always worked in the real world! ;)
Because WB picked HD DVD on the merits and all other metrics but decided to stab Toshiba in the back means that your judgment and track record is what??? What an ignorant thing to say, but not unexpected from coming from you. As I recall there was a press conference scheduled to announce WB support for HD DVD. I wonder why they picked HD DVD? We all picked a side based on all the facts presented to the public, Big money and behind the scenes wheeling and dealing we had no control over, so anyone claiming they were so smart to pick the winner proves their level intelligence. Money won the war but considering the recent string of BD gaffes can you really say with a straight face it was good judgment?? I think not.

Reading this article and saying it's another nail in BD's coffin seems like saying the ability to beam yourself from one place to another is another nail in air travel's coffin.

Reading this article and saying it's another nail in BD's coffin seems like saying the ability to beam yourself from one place to another is another nail in air travel's coffin.

It's called satire but I really didn't expect you to pick up on it.
Everytime the wind blew a few months ago some blubots on this forum would start all their thread topics with the "another nail in the coffin...."

We'll leave it up to Sony and the BDA to continue to drive their own nails:D

It's called satire but I really didn't expect you to pick up on it.
Everytime the wind blew a few months ago some blubots on this forum would start all their thread topics with the "another nail in the coffin...."

We'll leave it up to Sony and the BDA to continue to drive their own nails:D
Oh yes. I've been trolling these forums for a while...enough to know that Ice is a 19 year old bank teller who likes to readed things (sorry, Ice) :)

What was the first nail in the coffin for BD?

The funny thing is, all of those people declaring nails in the coffin for HD-DVD months ago...actually turned out to be correct.

Good analogy!

Huh? There's a war? Oh you mean whenever a new format comes down the pipe in 10-15 years? Yep, I'll be ready for a new format by then too.

I never go in here, but when I see stuff like this...one word comes to mind....denial.

Huh? There's a war? Oh you mean whenever a new format comes down the pipe in 10-15 years? Yep, I'll be ready for a new format by then too.

I never go in here, but when I see stuff like this...one word comes to mind....denial.

Huh? did you just crawl out from under a rock. It's called DVD, it's called downloads, it's called lack of mass adoption. When I see stuff like this a few words come to mind....
not well informed.

It appears your the one in denial.

Many former HD-DVD supporters are in upset that they weren't able to pick the winner in the format war. I think many of them believe that if BD doesn't completely dominate the home entertainment market over the next few years that it will somehow mean that they have ultimately ''won'' their own little war against BD. They are hoping this will happen so they can say, ''See! I told you BD would fail! If only HD-DVD (the more consumer friendly format) had won this wouldn't have happened to HDM.''

Dream on. The fact of the matter is that whether BD lasts 10 more years or 10 more days they won the war. They beat HD-DVD. If you bet Red you were wrong. Get over it and move on.

Many former HD-DVD supporters are in upset that they weren't able to pick the winner in the format war. I think many of them believe that if BD doesn't completely dominate the home entertainment market over the next few years that it will somehow mean that they have ultimately ''won'' their own little war against BD. They are hoping this will happen so they can say, ''See! I told you BD would fail! If only HD-DVD (the more consumer friendly format) had won this wouldn't have happened to HDM.''

Dream on. The fact of the matter is that whether BD lasts 10 more years or 10 more days they won the war. They beat HD-DVD. If you bet Red you were wrong. Get over it and move on.

No, get over yourself because you picked the winner in a two horse race.
Had HDDVD won it would face the same obstacles.

Oh yes. I've been trolling these forums for a while...enough to know that Ice is a 19 year old bank teller who likes to readed things (sorry, Ice) :)

Thats what you read from Mr. Vurbano posts, get it right next time, I am not bank teller.
There is a difference between a CSR and a teller.
One works in the bank and deals with cash, we don't, we troubleshoot people's account when they have any questions over the phone.

Now everyone thinks I am a teller LOLZ.
See what you have done vurbano? :D

DIdnt want to post a new thread about it, but this one seems to have the right tone and stuff for the information.

CNN just had someone on talking about the new DVD technology, told people that their HDDVD players arent going to stop working, but its a dead end so enjoy what they have. The host asked if people need to get into BD now, and he said that people can now afford to wait since BD isn't going anywhere, and that soon 'profile 2' will be coming that allows for downloads and whatnot that are not on the actual disc. This lead the host to the inevitable 'well that's the future right?' and he said that we're looking at the end of the disc format and that within a few years we'll see downloads becoming a much bigger thing, and a little further out than that we'll see HD downloads and we won't have to worry about this disc stuff.

If anything, not a good segment for BD, heh.

Owning 'all of the above' at this point, I care more about pricing than 'omgz you've lost the battle but not the war' personally.

DIdnt want to post a new thread about it, but this one seems to have the right tone and stuff for the information.

CNN just had someone on talking about the new DVD technology, told people that their HDDVD players arent going to stop working, but its a dead end so enjoy what they have. The host asked if people need to get into BD now, and he said that people can now afford to wait since BD isn't going anywhere, and that soon 'profile 2' will be coming that allows for downloads and whatnot that are not on the actual disc. This lead the host to the inevitable 'well that's the future right?' and he said that we're looking at the end of the disc format and that within a few years we'll see downloads becoming a much bigger thing, and a little further out than that we'll see HD downloads and we won't have to worry about this disc stuff.

Owning 'all of the above' at this point, I care more about pricing than 'omgz you've lost the battle but not the war' personally.

This pretty well supports what you stated

Blockbuster’s movie-streaming move

This is a little alarming.....With the new model of streaming video, he said, any type of DVR, VCR, DVD-style STBs will become as antiquated as eight-tracks. And with regards to concern that Blockbuster will cannibalize its existing brick-and-mortar presence, Rosenberg is confident this is happening anyway as the Internet continues its succession in the streaming movie world.

This pretty well supports what you stated

Blockbuster’s movie-streaming move

This is a little alarming.....With the new model of streaming video, he said, any type of DVR, VCR, DVD-style STBs will become as antiquated as eight-tracks. And with regards to concern that Blockbuster will cannibalize its existing brick-and-mortar presence, Rosenberg is confident this is happening anyway as the Internet continues its succession in the streaming movie world.

And at the same time Blockbuster plans to expand its Blu-Ray to all its stores.

HDTV Magazine Bulletins - Blockbuster(R) Rolls Out Blu-ray Format Across U.S. & Canada

Looks like they want to cover all bets.

I just so happen to be watchin CNNHD when that segment came on. Over all I thought he was on point accept he didn't mention that HD DVD is an excellent upconverter. Also I disagreed strongly when he said BD was affordable, then he goes on to talk about 2.0 failing to mention they will be even more expensive when released.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)