Answers to your Hopper Questions

I'm all set now I did a reboot everything is there now. The guy had no trouble in setting up the Hopper or Joey was a very smooth Install. he gave me a free Sling Adapter.

Thank you,
Chris

Question I just got the Hooper today. Does it takes 24 hours to download On Demend stuff and BBMP App to download the movies??
Things like the movies on channel 501 (and channel 1), that is, the "VOD" stuff, do take a while to download. I can't keep it straight, but I believe those come in via your internet/broadband connection, so they will take a while to populate.

Not sure what you mean by On Demand "stuff"; the BB app should be part of the core software on the device, not something added in later.

PTAT issue in Boise Idaho. My hopper install went very smooth the installer was great about 2 hours to fully complete. Now for my issue, on the PTAT it's recording the wrong channel for FOX so I'm not getting any of those shows without creating a timer outside of PTAT. Some local history; a few months back the station carrying our Fox network let their contract expire so they moved to another station. So fox moved from channel 12 to where our CW used to be which was channel 9 and then CBS put the CW on a sub channel. Very messy. So PTAT is recording what used to be the old Fox channel which is now an independent network. I'm guessing this is a screwup at Dish???

Here is what I got back from someone at Dish Network on this issue:

I normally do not get involved with the AV Quality responses but you deserve a better answer than "we are working on it".

I suspect, and am verifying the information, that your problem does indeed revolve around the PAT. Specifically the TSID number which allows the customers STB to receive and decode the guide for the OTA stations.

I am assuming you take the signal OTA. This station as you know recently changed from an IND to a FOX and vice versa. The station most likely forgot to change the TSID to the new location so the guide information the TSID is using is for the other station. My engineers are verifying with the CE that this is the case. Until I hear from him and he acknowledges and changes it you are stuck with the situation you have.

We cannot change it since it is generated by the station. DISH does not use the TSID either, we get our information from a third party customers who receive the guide information from the stations program manager.

I hope this helps. As soon as we find the issue is resolved we will let you know.

Regards
Jim Lyons
Locals Engineering Manager
EchoStar Broadcasting Corp.

I have two EHDs connected to the same Hopper and it works fine but you can only select one at a time to look at the directory.

Barbara

________________________________________________________________________________________

Has anyone tried connecting more than one EHD to the hopper's 3 USB ports. Can hopper and its conneted Joeys play programs from all connected EHDs?

I don't remember if the question was asked in this thread or another but you can "join" the PTAT on a Joey and watch a different PTAT event on the Hopper and only be using one tuner in the process. Very nice!

please dont put that on us installers. do you realize what a nightmare that is for us? show up to do a job only to spend an hour on the phone fixing what should have been set up right in the first place??

This is exactly what the CSR Chat told me to do.

chat said:
Me: OK, I can check it there. Can you tell me the equipment to be installed?
Begum (ID: B9P): Technician will bring the Hopper receiver for you and will take the present
receivers.
Me: How many Hoppers?
Me: How many Joeys?
Begum (ID: B9P): It is 2 Hoppers with 2 Joey's for free.
Me: I only need one Joey.
Begum (ID: B9P): Not a problem, you can ignore the other Joey, technician will take that with
him.
Begum (ID: B9P): You can go ahead with 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey.
Me: OK, if that is how it can work. I thought installers couldn't deviate from the
order.

I normally do not get involved with the AV Quality responses but you deserve a better answer than "we are working on it".

I suspect, and am verifying the information, that your problem does indeed revolve around the PAT. Specifically the TSID number which allows the customers STB to receive and decode the guide for the OTA stations.

I am assuming you take the signal OTA. This station as you know recently changed from an IND to a FOX and vice versa. The station most likely forgot to change the TSID to the new location so the guide information the TSID is using is for the other station. My engineers are verifying with the CE that this is the case. Until I hear from him and he acknowledges and changes it you are stuck with the situation you have.

We cannot change it since it is generated by the station. DISH does not use the TSID either, we get our information from a third party customers who receive the guide information from the stations program manager.

I hope this helps. As soon as we find the issue is resolved we will let you know.

Regards
Jim Lyons

Save this email and keep it for the future times you will have to remind them of this issue until it is fixed. That is what I do about every two weeks and ask if they got it fixed. This usually works to get things rectified, at least it has for me in the past.

prime2099 said:

Regards
Jim Lyons

Looks like Dish got the PTAT for FOX working correctly now. Way to go.

Has anyone had problems with Hopper recording a blank "exact match" timer, new shows only? This used to be called "dish pass", a keyword search with no channel specified? I setup a show for my daughter to watch on ABC Family and for some reason the timer didn't fire at all tonight. I got home 15 minutes after the show started, checked the guide, and found the program, but it wasn't set to record. When I set a timer off the actual show in the guide, it picked up the show with no problem and showed that it would record this week (and next week).

But I set it up on the other hopper, it worked fine. I did notice that I accidentally put two timers for the same thing on the Hopper that didn't record, but the DVR main screen showed "no conflicts."

Where do we log bugs? Does that go to the quality email address someone posted in this subforum earlier?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts