any chance for a new dual tuner ota dongle?

I haven't purchased the official Dish-branded Lark dual tuner adapter, but I have to say the white AirTV adapter blows away the older Hauppauge dual tuner and the original Pace International single tuner. The AirTV tuner is much more sensitive and far more stable. It's even more sensitive than my HD Homerun Connect. I'm very pleased with it.

Yeah, most people probably wouldn't buy the white AirTV adapter even if they were told its compatible. Satelliteguys aren't your normal customer :D

Yes, us SatGuys members are a different breed from normal customers and yes Geronimo, I lean more for brand names, one of my weaknesses I have.

Tomorrow with the wife gone back to work, I am going to remove the old DISH adapter and install the AirTV adapter on my other Hopper 3 and run some scans. The AirTV adapter is much better than the old DISH model so it should fix the OTA dropout problem this Hopper 3 started having. Will post back with the results.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
My OTA adapter is behind the H3, so I have no problem with it being white.

I no longer am getting drop outs and pixellation that I was getting with the old single tuner adapter.

For $29 I consider it a steal compared to Dishes $59 price for the same tuner with black plastic case.

If the color was a problem, there's always spray paint.

If the color was a problem, there's always spray paint.
I would suggest a flat finish. I love my Father-in-Law and his woodworking expertise, but he finished the inside of the shelf area that houses my Hopper 3 with a satin gloss finish, and as a result it reflects the LAN LEDs.

I've been toying with the idea of using flat black to do the back wall if nothing else, to cut down on this stray light in the Entrainment center. I tucked my AirTV USB dongle behind the coax and HDMI cables so it isn't showing, but one advantage to the old Dish USB OTA Tuner dongle was the length of its USB cable. I was able to place that on top of the shelving so it wasn't visible.

One problem with painting the AirTV adapter flat black (or whatever color) is the USB cable. If you've ever tried painting a cable, how did that work out for you? The softeners that flexible cable uses in their plastic mix usually doesn't take paint at all, or if it does, the cable becomes a sticky mess. A black woven sleeve would be a better solution for the cable.

Reactions: charlesrshell
After one week my two new airtv adapters are behaving well.

I have not rescanned because I don’t want to edit/ remove 60 of the 104 channels received.

Most noticeable - My most distant tower in college station has a “more stable” week signal.

Also receiving less fluctuation of signal on two vhf channels.

Overall -very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I'm very happy with my AirTV tuner. I've had no dropout issues like I was experiencing with the Dish dual. I'm gradually moving all non primetime programing over to the AirTV. My goal is to do away with the Dish locals by the end of the year. AirTV would be the backup recording with 2 HDHomerun Extend (would give me 4 tuners) doing all local recording with commercial skip via PLEX DVR. Testing has been going well with the system.

Well I just order the one from AirTV. Stumble upon this tread by accident. Ever since I got the Hopper 3 last year watching anything over the air has resulted in break ups and drop outs ever few seconds. I have two of the original single tuner converters and they both acted the same. If this fixes it, I'm all in. Fingers crossed.

Well I just order the one from AirTV. Stumble upon this tread by accident. Ever since I got the Hopper 3 last year watching anything over the air has resulted in break ups and drop outs ever few seconds. I have two of the original single tuner converters and they both acted the same. If this fixes it, I'm all in. Fingers crossed.

Read the thread---avoid the mistakes a few of us made and capitalize in wat others did correctly.

Yes, us SatGuys members are a different breed from normal customers and yes Geronimo, I lean more for brand names, one of my weaknesses I have.

Tomorrow with the wife gone back to work, I am going to remove the old DISH adapter and install the AirTV adapter on my other Hopper 3 and run some scans. The AirTV adapter is much better than the old DISH model so it should fix the OTA dropout problem this Hopper 3 started having. Will post back with the results.
Installed the AirTV OTA on my other Hopper 3. Attached is scan results and Temps.

Attachments

• OTA Signal Test-Hopper 3 Greatroom.pdf
    400.2 KB · Views: 115

Not criticizing you. I understand. Hey some people even pay extra for name brand water.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)