any chance for a new dual tuner ota dongle?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Anyone able to compare these new dongles to the tuners in the CM DVR+?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
NO but I have compared recordings from my Hopper to my TabLo dvr with ext. hard drive using the same source antenna. I recorded on both systems the Abc GMA and the VIEW and the CBS evening news . The recording from Tablo played without any glitches or pixelation or audio cut outs. The Hopper recordings of the same shows on the same channels ota , had an occasional glitch or pixelation or audio drop outs. This was using the Air tv dual tuner I just got a week or so ago. I am beginning to think that DISH is not prioritizing ota recordings . You get what you get. The Tablo app and dvr has become so much easier to use for all my network recordings and it plays in 4k out of my 4k Roku stick.

I’ve tested mine for 3 days and it has performed excellently. Need more time with it but so far so good. In my short time with it I’d say it’s every bit of good as the older single usb tuner. We will see as I’m fringe and have good and bad days. So far it’s working great.

Anyone able to compare these new dongles to the tuners in the CM DVR+?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
I have the newer cm box no dvr just a simple tuner. So far the air tv has been excellent. Will report back once I spend more time with it. I have tested some of my problematic channels and haven’t received one dropout. It’s still to early for me to offer an opinion but will report back. I have tested many ota boxes including a homerunhd duo. I sent that one back after a few weeks. Just didn’t work well at my location. The CM does pretty well for me as does and older Sony tv.

NO but I have compared recordings from my Hopper to my TabLo dvr with ext. hard drive using the same source antenna. I recorded on both systems the Abc GMA and the VIEW and the CBS evening news . The recording from Tablo played without any glitches or pixelation or audio cut outs. The Hopper recordings of the same shows on the same channels ota , had an occasional glitch or pixelation or audio drop outs. This was using the Air tv dual tuner I just got a week or so ago. I am beginning to think that DISH is not prioritizing ota recordings . You get what you get. The Tablo app and dvr has become so much easier to use for all my network recordings and it plays in 4k out of my 4k Roku stick.
I have a Tablo also and love it but you do realize that all your Roku is doing is upscaling the HD OTA signal that the Tablo recorded. For all you guys looking to save the $12 per month locals charge the 4-tuner is an excellent option.

Upscaled OTA looks A LOT better then upscaled sat locals. I can tell you that the OTA football upscaled on my LG OLED tuner rivals that of the ch 540 broadcasts. I'm sure that the ch 540 is clearer if you put it under the microscope but to the human eye? I haven't seen any of the HDR on 540.2 so I don't know about that.

had some issues last night with both of the new tuners..........but it was not on one of the stronger channels.
I do have issues on with this channel at times, hopefully, this was one of those times

Reactions: charlesrshell
I just got off the phone with an AirTV rep and when asked she replied that their products (including the dual adapter) are made in Denver and ONLY designed for use on their products. I asked why are they working on DISH Hoppers and such? She kinda side stepped the question recommending I use only DISH equipment.

Soooooooo, you folks using the white AirTV on Hoppers are OK with it then? I'm about to re-do my entire TV experience by replacing the VIP 722 K, going with a Hopper 3, Joey, 4K front projector, etc. and adding some brand of OTA dongle/adapter.

I just got off the phone with an AirTV rep and when asked she replied that their products (including the dual adapter) are made in Denver and ONLY designed for use on their products. I asked why are they working on DISH Hoppers and such? She kinda side stepped the question recommending I use only DISH equipment.

And you expected them to tell you otherwise? There's a liability issue involved if they say "Sure, use it with whatever receiver you want." :facepalm

I would suggest that no one else call AirTV and brag about how their adapters work with Dish equipment. Dish might just issue a software patch in response, turning all those white tuners into boat anchors.

Soooooooo, you folks using the white AirTV on Hoppers are OK with it then? I'm about to re-do my entire TV experience by replacing the VIP 722 K, going with a Hopper 3, Joey, 4K front projector, etc. and adding some brand of OTA dongle/adapter.
It has been said that the AirTV, white, dongle is exactly the same as the new Lark, black dongle that costs twice as much. Use your best judgement.

Seriously were all of the posts on this thread incomprehensible?

Just what do you expect the Airtv rep to say.

Silly silly silly...

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Why don't you call Charlie up and tell him how he screwed up by saving me $30. This is probably why Scott didn't come right out and publicize this originally.

Tough crowd tonight.

Who in the hell is Scott and why is he dressing up as Charlie?
Scott Greczkowski started the SatGuys Forum many years ago. He also informed us about the AirTV dual tuner that is identical to the DISH dual adapter at a much better price. See post #45 & #55 in this thread.

Reactions: Mark609