Any New DISH Network News

Hunter Mackenzie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Is there any new DISH News coming soon that anyone knows of?.....When 922 is coming out or any of the new sling products for DISH or any New HD Channels?....When is the new tech forum and when is the next Charlie Chat?...They have been very quiet lately.....

The next Tech Forum is 2/8 7:00 PM EST. I believe E* press release from CES stated that the 922 would be out sometime in the second quarter. The soonest we might see it then would be in May.

LOL
i'm wating for 922 since march/09
Saying release summer or fall or last winter, Is new year now, gonna same o B.S over & over again till end of this year and maybe we gonna see it preset on CES2011 again like WE SAW IN CES2009 & 2010 YAYY!!

Last edited:
I am hearing that if you have a 922 your monthly DVR fee is going to be $10 a month instead of $6, and the recever is like all other duo dvr's costing $17 a month.

Just got an update from one of my contacts on what I said above.

The DVR fee will remain the same $6, but the monthly cost for the 922 will be $21 a month for a "HD duodvr with TV Everywhere"

That's a lot of money just to watch the same channels you already pay for on a PC.

The DVR fee will remain the same $6, but the monthly cost for the 922 will be $21 a month for a "HD duodvr with TV Everywhere"

That's a lot of money just to watch the same channels you already pay for on a PC.

Very true, or for someone like me that was thinking about getting a 922, getting a sling box makes more sense instead of a 922, unless the 922 does something out of this world that I dont know about

You've got to be kidding me? What the hell is DISH thinking? I think this is one dvr I will definitely PASS on! I guess the Tv Everywhere adapter and Hd media extender will cost out the ass as well? Looks like DIRECTV will soon have all the advantages except for programming prices. Lower additional receiver prices, Multi-Room viewing. Next generation receivers are supposed to be pairing with the HD over Coax people to be able to do hd over regular old coax. Sounds like DISH is pushing people right out the door with these outrageous prices. Here goes DISH back DOWN to 13 million customers AGAIN! Sorry Charlie , Looks like you will never Learn. :rant:

What if the 922 is your primary receiver, and say that you have a 722 or 622 or 612 as a secondary unit? I thought that the highest cost unit or the receiver with the highest fee structure was waved?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)