Any plans for DTV to release new mini genies?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Joey 4K can also but can’t do HDR

And this sort of thing is exactly why you don't want to build 4K output into your DVR. If you have hardware limitations you might get in a situation where you don't want to hook it up to your 4K TV because a newer client has better capabilities. One of the things I expect to see in the next couple years are 4Kp120 sports broadcasts, which will require HDMI 2.1. You'd rather replace a cheap client than the whole home DVR.

Reactions: comp9
Agreed, but there should be an auto switchover when the signal goes out. Lose the satellite it flips fo the internet service.
I suspect we may see that at some point. But let’s iron out the directnow bugs first

Or what about like I mentioned in another thread, have the DTV Everywhere App replaced with the DTV Now App that would have DTV over IP not DTV Now. However, they said the C71KW that would do that only works with the rumored HS-27. Unless they have changed that? If that's they case then they could then put the DTV Now App with DTV over IP on a bunch of smart devices in addition to the C71KW. I have an Android TV and just think about being able to use that for bad weather backup or just use it as a client box. Then you wouldn't need to use it for bad weather backup. Unless the PQ and audio quality be the same as DTV over SatelliteTV.
Personally, I think they will rework the D* app and bring out something that actually WORKS ...
It very well may do the IP stuff as well.

Patiently waiting .......... and waiting.

Personally, I think they will rework the D* app and bring out something that actually WORKS ...
It very well may do the IP stuff as well.

Patiently waiting .......... and waiting.
Yeh sorry, I deleted my other post because of what Comp9 said about working the bugs out before that. I keep forgetting that the DTV Now app doesn't have all the features of DTV over SatelliteTV yet. So how can they think about launching and calling it the full DTV over IP this year?

Yeh sorry, I deleted my other post because of what Comp9 said about working the bugs out before that. I keep forgetting that the DTV Now app doesn't have all the features of DTV over SatelliteTV yet. So how can they think about launching and calling it the full DTV over IP this year?
Thats down the road .... I'm sure we'll hear more about it when it comes close to being a reality.

They need to add Chromecast support to the current App. That would be a good bridge solution.

Agreed, but there should be an auto switchover when the signal goes out. Lose the satellite it flips fo the internet service.

Since streaming runs well behind satellite it wouldn't be a very satisfactory experience, nor would it be worth it consider the short duration of most rain fade events.

Since streaming runs well behind satellite it wouldn't be a very satisfactory experience, nor would it be worth it consider the short duration of most rain fade events.
Good point! I forgot about the lag and I guess that would be the same way with DTV over managed IPTV? The only thing I don't like about SatelliteTV going out in bad weather is if it would happen during an important part of a show.

I wish they would give us a few more tuners on the HS17 until more 4K channels come along on reverse band.

Oh and quad PIP. :)

Couldn't they just white list only the ip address of the account holder?
So, if I go over to a family member or friends place and want to watch a show on say Netflix, am I not allowed to do that ... seeing I'm not on my home internet ?
It is MY account and it is paid for by me.
Is there anything saying I have to watch it at my home ?

How many subs do the major streaming companies have ?
I suppose they could, but .....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)