Any X2 users? New box trouble

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Hooked up the new X2 M1 HD+ I received today. Connected it directly to 91. Not getting any signal whatsoever. Wondering if I’m doing something wrong or if box is a dud. I verified signal strength and quality on both my Amiko receivers just to make sure I wasn't crazy; they both pull signal down the same coax just fine.

8B6C05A0-9629-41C5-8044-BA4D25232F86.jpeg

Last edited:
I have one of them in the Basement because it receives the music choice channels and we listen to them while we exercise in the Basement. It is a pretty straight forward box. My complaints about it are that the Tuner isn't as sensitive as my other STB's. So, some channels are herky jerky.

Sounds like a dud box to me. I cannot think of anything.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I have one of them in the Basement because it receives the music choice channels and we listen to them while we exercise in the Basement. It is a pretty straight forward box. My complaints about it are that the Tuner isn't as sensitive as my other STB's. So, some channels are herky jerky.

At least you receive a signal on yours :D

I emailed X2 support to see if they will RMA the box and ship me a replacement.

As a test, remove any DISEQC switches, connect to a LNB, and select the strongest TP on that bird. If it doesn’t work, then you’ve got a dud. I would contact the seller then.

I have the same box, so I checked to see what it does signal level-wise when I disconnected the coax, but unfortunately the signal level still bounces a bit. Sometimes that's a clue. I'm sure you're set the LNB power for each satellite, but there's always double checking.

My M1HD was defective with an overvoltage issue and I was refunded. For some reason a firmware update later fixed it. It could not move a STABHH120 motor with a 120cm Fortec. It would crash and reboot. It could almost play the MC music channels.

I bought a M1HD+ and it plays the MC channels great and I it is not on a HH120, so I have no problems with it. Check for voltage.

Do you have a switch connected to it? In your picture the DISEqC settings are off.

I had a defective receiver from X2 that wouldn't work right and they replaced it with no problem but the replacement receiver was also bad, it had a bad solder connection on the circuit board. I didn't send the second receiver back, just soldered the connection. Not great quality receivers, you very well could have a dud.

The Ebay seller refunded my money last night and told me I could keep the box. I emailed X2 to see if they will RMA the unit, but not sure they will since I didn't buy it from them. Is the firmware easy to update via USB stick? I might try that tonight.

PS- on the question of the switch, I've been direct-connecting the LNB to the receiver for testing and bypassing the switch

Will also check output voltage tonight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)