Status
Please reply by conversation.

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Hooked up the new X2 M1 HD+ I received today. Connected it directly to 91. Not getting any signal whatsoever. Wondering if I’m doing something wrong or if box is a dud. I verified signal strength and quality on both my Amiko receivers just to make sure I wasn't crazy; they both pull signal down the same coax just fine.

8B6C05A0-9629-41C5-8044-BA4D25232F86.jpeg

Last edited:
I have one of them in the Basement because it receives the music choice channels and we listen to them while we exercise in the Basement. It is a pretty straight forward box. My complaints about it are that the Tuner isn't as sensitive as my other STB's. So, some channels are herky jerky.

Sounds like a dud box to me. I cannot think of anything.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I have one of them in the Basement because it receives the music choice channels and we listen to them while we exercise in the Basement. It is a pretty straight forward box. My complaints about it are that the Tuner isn't as sensitive as my other STB's. So, some channels are herky jerky.

At least you receive a signal on yours :D

I emailed X2 support to see if they will RMA the box and ship me a replacement.

As a test, remove any DISEQC switches, connect to a LNB, and select the strongest TP on that bird. If it doesn’t work, then you’ve got a dud. I would contact the seller then.

I have the same box, so I checked to see what it does signal level-wise when I disconnected the coax, but unfortunately the signal level still bounces a bit. Sometimes that's a clue. I'm sure you're set the LNB power for each satellite, but there's always double checking.

My M1HD was defective with an overvoltage issue and I was refunded. For some reason a firmware update later fixed it. It could not move a STABHH120 motor with a 120cm Fortec. It would crash and reboot. It could almost play the MC music channels.

I bought a M1HD+ and it plays the MC channels great and I it is not on a HH120, so I have no problems with it. Check for voltage.

Do you have a switch connected to it? In your picture the DISEqC settings are off.

I had a defective receiver from X2 that wouldn't work right and they replaced it with no problem but the replacement receiver was also bad, it had a bad solder connection on the circuit board. I didn't send the second receiver back, just soldered the connection. Not great quality receivers, you very well could have a dud.

The Ebay seller refunded my money last night and told me I could keep the box. I emailed X2 to see if they will RMA the unit, but not sure they will since I didn't buy it from them. Is the firmware easy to update via USB stick? I might try that tonight.

PS- on the question of the switch, I've been direct-connecting the LNB to the receiver for testing and bypassing the switch

Will also check output voltage tonight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)