Anyone else have ch 321 (NBC-HD),594,593?

I'm hoping that we don't have to pay for them. Everyone else getting the call to upgrade message??

Ok I just got off the phone with voom an ask them, I was told that they are going to be NBC Olympic Feeds on all 3 channels 321 593,594 ,said she was told about it about an hour ago and a few people have call in about them. also she said if you do not see them , then you might not be getting the feed it will only be seen it certain areas that NBC is allowing , I guess kind of like the Distance network feeds you can get from the other 2 providers and they will not show anything until Friday.
Forgot to mention that they wont know who's getting it for sure until Wednesday.

I was told they are testing the signal for certain areas for a special olympic feed. I asked if they could tell me if I would be one of the people who would get these feeds and they said to call back on Wednesday and they would be able to tell me then.

LOBO2999 said:
Ok I just got off the phone with voom an ask them, I was told that they are going to be NBC Olympic Feeds on all 3 channels 321 593,594 ,said she was told about it about an hour ago and a few people have call in about them. also she said if you do not see them , then you might not be getting the feed it will only be seen it certain areas that NBC is allowing , I guess kind of like the Distance network feeds you can get from the other 2 providers and they will not show anything until Friday.

Ooops :) Sorry. I didn't see that you had already posted.

Well I guess then 321 will be the HD 24 Hour channel available to the 65 markets that NBC has agreed with. One of the other channels could be Telemundo since they don't have that, and I don't know what they third one could be, Unless it's analog NBC to O&O and analog white folks

DBSOgre said:
Why even have them in my guide if I can't even watch them?
Well, they are testing them. It wouldn't be smart to wait until Friday when the Olympics begin to see if they are available. :p

DBSOgre said:
At first, I was thinking that 593 and 594 may PERHAPS be HGTV and Food Network since that seems like the right spot for them.
*loves HGTV* I wish... soon I hope.

There must be new channels coming, my Guide only went out about 14 hours yesterday and that always happens when a new channel is added.

Lobo, will you please stop flipping me the bird? ;)

dang I was hoping for a "real" channel like food or sci fi. I can get nbc just fine so it's useless to me. but this is good for people who CAN get it but not OTA, and it's good that voom is keeping up with d* in this respect. take that! rupert.

This is cool, when I get home I'll check it out, did I understand NBC correctly though, the first 24 hours will just be replays of the opening ceremonies on HD?

barth2k said:
dang I was hoping for a "real" channel like food or sci fi. I can get nbc just fine so it's useless to me. but this is good for people who CAN get it but not OTA, and it's good that voom is keeping up with d* in this respect. take that! rupert.

I dont think the 24 hour olympic feed will be OTA buddy, that is why Voom is allocating a seperate channel for it, as will most likely other Satellite providers and Cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)