Anyone else in FL get higher sales tax?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Danton

Original poster
Oct 25, 2004
S. FL
On my last bill my sales tax went up $6.45. I've read others of you here talking about this and some of you even got them to drop it. Here's a copy of the email I sent them yesterday with their reply. Should I send a letter to the States Attorney like others have done? Is this a scam on their part?

Thanks,
Danton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sent them this:

Customer (DANTON DEATHERAGE) - 10/24/2004 07:55 AM
Why did the sales tax on my last bill go up $6.45? This is ridiculous... I understand you tried this in other states and after several complaints to the States Attorney it was changed back. Is this a mistake on your part or a possible scam?

Regards,
Danton

---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Scottie T.) - 10/25/2004 10:58 AM
Thank you for contacting VOOM,

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. As of October 1st we corrected our tax tables, so we are now charging the correct taxes. Prior to October 1st, the taxes may have been different. Some customers may see a higher tax rate due to the correction, such as in the state of FL. VOOM will not go back and charge the taxes from previous months, it will only be charged the correct rate going forward.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again. Thank you for choosing VOOM - HDTV Delivered!

Jennifer B.
VOOM Email Support

Did they just raise yours also or have you been paying that since day one?

Regards,
Danton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)