Anyone Else Seem to Notice

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When I first turn the tv and sat back on in the morning the channel that it was left on comes on fine, the guide also seems to work and move fine, my concern or question is when I change to a different channel it takes up to a minute for the picture to come on. Is this normal? I am not sure if I am being inpatient or something else is going on. I have an HR-24 and its a couple months old. I did do a reset the other morning thinking it might help but did the same thing after a reset.

Mine started doing that recently too (with in the past two weeks). My model is the HR22.

Just to add an additional observation, I first read this thread when we were on vacation and wondered what to expect when we got home. We arrived last Thursday evening. Everything worked just fine. Same for Friday. Then on Saturday we started getting the delays everyone here has noticed. We are not currently connected to the internet so it is just what is coming over the air. We have 2 HR24s and our last update was 0x4a7 on Tuesday 5/17, 2:32a. I agree, it is annoying.

Last edited:
I talked to Direct on Thursday about the delays and they are aware of the problem and are working to get it fixed. When I asked how long it would take I thought I heard a slight chuckle then the agent went on to explain that they are actively working on it, so it was their way of saying who knows.

An HR22 here. I have noticed it taking a while to switch channels as well. Been doing the red button re-boot almost daily which temporarily fixes it. I also get slow number input, where it will not enter the full channel number before the first number disappears. Probably because I have the slowest DVR available.

OK. I tried Iceberg's double reboot and it seems to have resolved the problem for now. It will be interesting to see if this really holds for the long term. But, I do want to say "Thank You" to Iceberg for the suggestion. It seems to fix the problem. (Sorry I missed it earlier in the thread.)

Both of my hr 23's started having this exact same problem about a week ago.
I haven't tried resetting but will today and will report back.
I started another thread about this issue before I saw this one so I apologize for that.

Ok, double reset both of my HR24s and so far, they do seem to be responding better. Will continue to monitor progress on it.

walk up to receiver
open panel on right corner
press the red button.....that reboots the machine
let it go through the whole setup/download guide etc
after you get a picture again repeat the above

:)
I actually went in the menus and did a reset (reboot receiver) the 1st time but both get the job done

walk up to receiver
open panel on right corner
press the red button.....that reboots the machine
let it go through the whole setup/download guide etc
after you get a picture again repeat the above

:)
I actually went in the menus and did a reset (reboot receiver) the 1st time but both get the job done
i actually did that differently. I did the reset three times in a row without waiting for all that.

Does clearing flash help? (display channel 1 Info channel, then press red, red, blue, blue, yellow, green)?

rey_1178 said:
i actually did that differently. I did the reset three times in a row without waiting for all that.

I did the same. Working good so far.
Thanks rey!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)