Anyone ever put a motor on a 90cm Channel Master

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

samuelrock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
Swamps of LA
I am wanting to set up a movable 90cm I am thinking of using a 90cm Channel Master retired from Primestar. I think this dish is a bit heaver than most of the FTAs that are on the market.. Have any of you motorized a 90cm Channel Master if so what motor did you use and has it held up for you?

I have not done exactly what you mentioned but a STAB HH120 would handle that dish with ease, just have to figure how to attach it.

An HH90 is rated for 10 kg, it's also a great motor but the weight capacity might limit you, what is the weight of your 90cm CM?

Motorized a Primestar dish many years ago. Channel Master used to offer a lightweight elevation kit that was interchangeable with the removed heavy mount that is typical found on these dishes. The kit had two "L" shaped brackets that bolted to the reflector, a plate that pivoted between the "L" brackets for elevation adjustment and U-bolts for post mounting. Total weight was only a few pounds. Sold the last remaining kits years ago here on the forum.

Several polar mount tracking kits with 18" - 24" actuators have been sold for Channel Master / Andrews / Raven dishes over the years. Satellitesuperstore in the UK has a 1.2m model posted.

Reactions: phlatwound
I have not done exactly what you mentioned but a STAB HH120 would handle that dish with ease, just have to figure how to attach it.

An HH90 is rated for 10 kg, it's also a great motor but the weight capacity might limit you, what is the weight of your 90cm CM?

Well I just looked up the data sheet and it does not list a weight.. Guess I will have to put it on a scale..

Motorized a Primestar dish many years ago. Channel Master used to offer a lightweight elevation kit that was interchangeable with the removed heavy mount that is typical found on these dishes. The kit had two "L" shaped brackets that bolted to the reflector, a plate that pivoted between the "L" brackets for elevation adjustment and U-bolts for post mounting. Total weight was only a few pounds. Sold the last remaining kits years ago here on the forum.

Several polar mount tracking kits with 18" - 24" actuators have been sold for Channel Master / Andrews / Raven dishes over the years. Satellitesuperstore in the UK has a 1.2m model posted.

I think I may have 1 or 2 of them... At one point we used them when we put a earth station in for paging networks..

...Several polar mount tracking kits with 18" - 24" actuators have been sold for Channel Master / Andrews / Raven dishes over the years. Satellitesuperstore in the UK has a 1.2m model posted.

I have lu$Ted after one of those factory polar mount$ $ince I first $aw one, very nice $etup.

Reactions: Titanium
That mount from Satellitesuperstore looks awesome.. But I can get the HH120 for about $165 shipped. I don't think the CM.90 dish is over 37lbs..

I am about to take the BUDs apart and replace some panels and get all this stuff working again.. Its been a hot min since I scanned the sky.. I have never even installed the last LNB I picked up from Brian its still sitting on the shelf in my ham shack, It would be nice to get the .90 movable so I can take my time with the BUDs..

I set up the orby service and now I am itching to play.. Well that and I just started a new job and just about every day I am home by 3:30 so I got time to play again..

I think I may have 1 or 2 of them... At one point we used them when we put a earth station in for paging networks..
If you locate the kit, please post a few photos. I have a few partial kits, but never took photos of a complete assembled u-bolt kit. Be good reference material for future hobbyists.

In my opinion, for the few extra dollars, I would definately use the HH120. Much more robust unit, plus it bottom loads.

Reactions: phlatwound
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)