Anyone finding any deals...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Inno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
NW Ontario, Canada
...on HD FTA receivers now that Dish and Bell have shut down the hackers?

I am noticing that people are still asking a premium price for their equipment in Kijiji and Craigslist ads and that on Ebay people are still bidding them up pretty high.
I even saw one guys ad on Craigslist that said something like "hardly used, I'm too old to keep messing around with it when it's up and down" in other words, he's tired of the cat and mouse game.........and even though it obviously has hackware on it, he was still asking a premium price for it.
Just wondering what everyone else has been finding.

I havent seen many deals out there either. A few SD receivers but for HD they want so much dang money in them.

The ones who start the EBay pricing so high are crazy. Lets start it at 200 bucks :rolleyes:

I have seen one or two deals but nothing crazy. Most recievers i see are obvious hackware boxes even coming with dish.

Im hopin that they stay down long enough that people clear stuff out, id like a nice pvr to mess with or even hd.

I agree that the bottom hasn't dropped out of the market, but I DO think that the CS8100's going for 100-$150 are an attractive receiver. They're just not a steal. I've been tempted to buy another, even though I certainly don't need another. I've gone $100 on several of them, and lost, but seen others go for less. Got to pick the right one, I guess.
:)

Ya know, at $50, I might be interested. Maybe at $100.
In fact, I did even consider one HD receiver just for its ATSC and PVR capability, but eventually dropped it.

When the price is too high, the choice naturally falls elsewhere.
The hackers holding on to HD receivers that aren't getting Dish more, are going to wake up one day and we'll all have AZboxes.

edit:
If you notice in our eBay thread, greedy idiots are asking way too much for Coolsat 5000/6000 receivers, too!
(well okay, maybe I'm just a cheapskate. I'm looking for a $30, CS-6000, delivered. )

And a high-five to Lak7 and his ADTH receiver. - :up
That's for a subscription home-schooling system, which has gone off the air! - :eek: - :D
Now, that's what I call: Hack Proof! - :cool:

I just had a Coolsat 4000 Pro given to me, less the remote. He also said if he can find his 5000 I can have it for $25.

I seen a Captian 8000 HD receiver on ebay for $72, but there's a little over a day left on the auction.

Buzz

I was considering another HD receiver , and I would agree that the prices are still to high, so I started to look at SD receivers and I picked up a Pansat 2700a for $69.00. This was not a great price but a good one, so I was still watching the listings and I found two Pansat 3500SD+ receivers as a buy it now including shipping for 69.00. All three receivers are in like new condition and the 3500's came with a pair of Pansat universal remotes. The only changes I had to make was to delete the hacker favorites lists and do a factory reset, and they all work great.

Ya know, at $50, I might be interested. Maybe at $100.
In fact, I did even consider one HD receiver just for its ATSC and PVR capability, but eventually dropped it.

When the price is too high, the choice naturally falls elsewhere.
The hackers holding on to HD receivers that aren't getting Dish more, are going to wake up one day and we'll all have AZboxes.

I hope you are right.........I hope you are right.

No. not so many deals. As a matter of fact, few deals.

I wonder if folks are still waiting for the promised crack, or if the receivers just went into the landfill...

:rolleyes:With the hackers starting to be shut off, good Free To Air Equipment has started making its way to EBAY cheap!
This special OPT-IN forum will report FTA Satellite finds from Ebay in the hopes it can find our Members some good deals.
:rolleyes:

Coolsat 8100 for $100? Yeah right... maybe if it's missing the remote...

Pansat 2700a for $ 69? ouch... Hope it was new in the box...

I agree that the HD receivers are still too high. I've seen only a few here in our area on craigslist etc... for almost full price. I'd give $75-100 for a decent one and thats it. Blind

Hackers still firmly believe there is going to be a fix, after all they have been down for 6 months before, so whats a few months now, its going to take a few years before prices really drop across the board.
The only ones I find going cheap are the one's that hackers know there will never be a fix for like the Coolsat, if a few other manufactures go bankrupt and run into legal problems we might see these boxes drop in price.
Finally after a long wait I managed to pick up a Coolsat 5000 with remote on Ebay for $10 plus $15 shipping, I was the only bidder, works great for blind scanning after a re flashing to factory firmware

This kind of confirms my suspicion. Anyone who would go to the length that hackers do to get free TV sure as heck won't part with their equipment cheap. They really are a stupid bunch of people, if they really stopped and thought of all the money they spent on equipment and for some to have someone else do the work for them (yes there are many that are THAT stupid), they probably could have paid for a subscription and had 100% reliable TV without any work to get it going.

So basically, if there is a new fix out and it won't work with some of these HD boxes, then we might see some of the prices drop.

I still think I lucked out with a Coolsat 5000, Pansat 2500 clone and BEC 6600 for 50 shipped
sure the 5000 had hackerware....zapped that with factory
Pansat 2500 has hacker ware...dont wanna touch it as they flashed it to make the receiver a Pansat
BEC6600 needed a remote and I lucked out and Robby from WSI had one laying around that he sent me (Thanks!)

I haven't been really looking but I was glad to get my Diamond 9000HD for $100 on here a few months back (before the N3 transition actually).

Now I need to get a box that will do 4:2:2. If anyone wants to part with an AZbox for $100, let me know ;):D

This kind of confirms my suspicion. Anyone who would go to the length that hackers do to get free TV sure as heck won't part with their equipment cheap. They really are a stupid bunch of people, if they really stopped and thought of all the money they spent on equipment and for some to have someone else do the work for them (yes there are many that are THAT stupid), they probably could have paid for a subscription and had 100% reliable TV without any work to get it going.

I think you're missing the point here. Think about the money and time (time is money BTW) you've spent on your equipment. I know how much I have. With the money I've spent alone I could have paid for a full sub to Bell, or EastLink (cable). I've had both. I've never had any issues with them but I just hated handing them money, not even considering what's on or not on TV. I'd rather buy the equipment and get free signal than not own the equipment and pay for the signal. I think most of the hackers think the same way.

The difference between them and me is I know how to get the same signal legally, and with a much (read enormously) better picture.

hacker throws in the towel:

I was chatting with Lak7 earlier today, and he found an amazing offer:

FTA : sonicview pre360 - $55

taking down the whole FTA systems , sick and tired to waiting for N3 to crack . here's what i got for sell.
5 receiver pre360 /50$ each ( buy all save more)
1 dish dual LNB and 6 outlet zinwell switch /80$ all both
no shipping , no scamer,
keywords: FTA , direct Tv, dish network, zinwell , lnb , i hub ,
Thanks again to Lak7 for the good laugh! - :D

edit:
In case I was being too subtle, let me just add this . . .
I'm not sure I'd take one of those receivers on a bet... much less pay $50 for it! ;)

Last edited:
I can't help but think the "others" are waiting it out before selling. My bet is the dealers stuck with unsold inventory would let them go first to move on. Many manufacturers probably will also without the demand.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)