Anyone having OTA reception problems with H3?

Thank you! I see it and ordered it! I note that it says compatible with Hopper3, I am wondering if this is different from the other Dish Hopper OTA modules?
Same device. I unplugged mine from my Hopper 1 and plugged it into my Hopper 3.... Works just fine.

Not on my page. Dish tells me it is not available for the Hopper 3. Have tried chat, DIRT, and called in. All are telling me I can't get it through them.
Do you have a Hopper yet, any kind of a Hopper? If you don't it can't be ordered until you do.

OTA recordings are still broken up and pixelated most of the time.
I'm not sure what's going on, then. I recorded the Super Bowl off of my local CBS Affiliate (and with the old software) and it looks fantastic. With the new U303 firmware, I've been watching a number of my local OTA channels and even the LP digitals are coming in with no glitches at all.

I just recorded five minutes of my local NBC and played it back. I don't seen any issues with my recording.

So the glitches you're seeing are on both the Hopper and your Joey(s)? I wonder if there is some leakage from your MoCA feed and your OTA antenna link. Mine is totally separate.

I'm not sure what's going on, then. I recorded the Super Bowl off of my local CBS Affiliate (and with the old software) and it looks fantastic. With the new U303 firmware, I've been watching a number of my local OTA channels and even the LP digitals are coming in with no glitches at all.

I just recorded five minutes of my local NBC and played it back. I don't seen any issues with my recording.

So the glitches you're seeing are on both the Hopper and your Joey(s)? I wonder if there is some leakage from your MoCA feed and your OTA antenna link. Mine is totally separate.

Sometimes it works right, most of the time it doesn't. I've verified it on 2 different H3's, 3 different OTA adapters and 2 different antenna systems. Other folks have confirmed the problem in numerous threads here. We just hope that DISH gets to fixing it sometime soon.

Dang it, I hate it when I'm wrong! I'm with JSheridan again this morning: the periodic picture and sound break-up on all of my OTA stations via the USB dongle is back. U303 did not (permanently) correct the problem.

For what it's worth, it seems to be okay after a hard boot, but the nightly boot seems to introduce the glitches. Or, maybe it's caused by using the 4K Joey to tune these stations first before the Hopper 3.

Is there an "up time" counter on any of the Diagnostics pages?

Reactions: JSheridan
I tried a Red Button reboot if the H3 but it did not fix the OTA module glitching. I pulled the USB cable from the dongle, reconnected it, and the Hopper 3 restarted. OTA reception is fine now.

I'm testing my theory that the Hopper restarting causes the OTA dongle to go into the breakup mode. Nope, the reboot had no effect. It must be after a certain amount of time has passed.

After I thought the problem had been fixed it turned out that only the Hopper 3 is working properly. Both my 4k joey and my joey 2.0s are still pixelating every 2-5 seconds... What if I buy a new module? Will that fix the issue?

I have Two OTA modules. I tried both same issue.
I tried different USB cables with and with out the ferrit filter on the cable.
I tried Splitters and Attenuators.
CONCLUSION: Software in the Hopper 3 does not handle Multipathing as good as the old Hopper WS 2.0, something changed. When watching OTA via the Joeys the issue is amplified as the Hopper 3 sends the channel out via MOCA. This would be a 2nd bug in the software.
-
Hope Dish fixes this bug. There are tons of free OTA channels out there that Dish does not carry on the SAT. Two Software bugs.

I agree...wish this issue was given some attention. I can't recall when (if ever) I have had a usable OTA recording on the H3. The pixelation and audio drops make them all pretty much unwatchable.

Reactions: JSheridan
I agree...wish this issue was given some attention. I can't recall when (if ever) I have had a usable OTA recording on the H3. The pixelation and audio drops make them all pretty much unwatchable.
The more information DIRT collects on the OTA problems the more attention it will get from Dish. This has already been added to a known issue list on the H3 but additional information is always helpful.

I am also having the pixelating issue and sound dropping out every 7-10 seconds or so on my OTA module.

With my 722k, I had PERFECT picture and sound, and I am using the same exact external antenna and cable. I got 99 and 100% on almost every OTA channel that I watched or recorded.

I will try the double scan as mentioned in this thread.

If that does not work, I will submit a ticket via DIRT about the issue (as soon as I do a search for DIRT to figure out what DIRT is!)

Question:

Can you record ONE or TWO OTA channels at the same time with the OTA USB Dongle? The one time I tried it, I think I was only able to record one OTA channel at a time (with the 722k I could record two OTA Channels at the same time). However, the one show I did record and watch via OTA was so bad, I just disconnected the OTA device.

It was like watching scrambled cable back in the 80's! (anyone remember doing that!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)