Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

I have experience the long delays and terminated the service for that reason. It is a good deal when it does what they say it will, but in reality it is a bad deal.

It takes two weeks to get a movie on my end. Sometimes longer. I have 15 to 20 movies in my Q. All say high demand. Nothing being sent. Emailed support once, was sent a form response that stated that I need at least 10 in the Q to have a good response from the mailing center. I would say it's either poor inventory, or a intentional slow down. But it did start very suddenly. No idea why.

It takes two weeks to get a movie on my end. Sometimes longer. I have 15 to 20 movies in my Q. All say high demand. Nothing being sent. Emailed support once, was sent a form response that stated that I need at least 10 in the Q to have a good response from the mailing center. I would say it's either poor inventory, or a intentional slow down. But it did start very suddenly. No idea why.

I've had intermittent delays for the last year, the last couple of months has been abysmal. 3 weeks of "we're processing your next......" I suspect the closures of the stores have something to do with it. In my area a store closed and the mail out stopped, connected? I have read Dish is offering this for 5 bucks a month.....half price.....perhaps the movies channels are worth it to some, but at this pint the Blockbuster mail out is useless with no value, only frustration on my end.

I've had intermittent delays for the last year, the last couple of months has been abysmal. 3 weeks of "we're processing your next......" I suspect the closures of the stores have something to do with it. In my area a store closed and the mail out stopped, connected? I have read Dish is offering this for 5 bucks a month.....half price.....perhaps the movies channels are worth it to some, but at this pint the Blockbuster mail out is useless with no value, only frustration on my end.

I don't know for a fact, but I don't think the movies mailed are having a effect on mailing? My sons friend had a job as a manager at a BB and said over 50% of the walk in traffic, they make no money on them.They are dropping off and not paying for anything. I thought the mail/movies came from a distribution/mailing center. Maybe it is the cost of mail? In my gut, it tells me they are slowing the product down before they drop it. It is too new, to just yell, "We fail." The more people drop the service, the more justified they are in dropping there service of the movies. At least on a spread sheet. They can say it has become so unpopular that we are going to discontinue this side of the package sorry for any incontinence. Have a nice day.

Well it appears BB@H is going back to their slow ways again. My last BR was received by BB@H on Friday the 21st. They still haven't processed any disc to mail out to me. So I'm waiting to see what they will choose next from my queue. I had to laugh this morning, I added some more movies to my queue and one of them was The King and I. It came up as "High Demand".
Ghpr13:)

You might luck out. My last 2 were high demand and they were sent to me anyway. It looks like if you don't have any showing NOW, they wait about 3 business days then mysteriously send one out. You will probably get one mailed tomorrow.

I have not received a DVD in 3 weeks........I have and have had "NOW" in the Q for all that time for more than one DVD. Very poor service, at least for me.:down

Well it appears BB@H is going back to their slow ways again. My last BR was received by BB@H on Friday the 21st. They still haven't processed any disc to mail out to me. So I'm waiting to see what they will choose next from my queue. I had to laugh this morning, I added some more movies to my queue and one of them was The King and I. It came up as "High Demand".
Ghpr13 you had a good run... what was it two or three discs. :D After seeing the King and I as "High Demand"(no its not about some drug king and his squeeze) I decided to try my own walk down nostalgia lane and add to my queue probably the first series of a serious nature that I was fascinated by watching at the time, Victory at Sea. Great soundtrack!

Yesterday evening I got an email saying BB@H was sending a BR to me, Zero Dark Thirty, it was the next one on my queue, well not at first, but when I was adding movies to my queue I notice Zero Dark Thirty was a "Now" rental, so I put it at top of my queue. I should get it tomorrow. This makes 3 BRs disc from my queue and in order

Yesterday evening I got an email saying BB@H was sending a BR to me, Zero Dark Thirty, it was the next one on my queue, well not at first, but when I was adding movies to my queue I notice Zero Dark Thirty was a "Now" rental, so I put it at top of my queue. I should get it tomorrow. This makes 3 BRs disc from my queue and in order
I've did the same thing once and it worked, and also I moved a NOW up to the top, nothing sent for days, then it went back to HIGH DEMAND and something else HIGH DEMAND sent to me. The whole system is crazy.

I used to get a 3 day turn-around which was nice... We moved a few miles north and went to a 4 day turn around which was fine. From work I could still get 3 days so sent them from work to get them faster (they received most disks next day.) Now regardless of where I send it a 5 - 6 day turn around. I've had it where disc comes in morning one day, then ships a day or two later (though I will say bad discs replacements usually go out quickly.) I've been waiting now for a week for it to send me anything (stuck on "processing next item in queue") since notification of receipt last week. *sigh* My wife and I used to like this, but between a bunch of bad discs, and now taking forever, it's getting pretty disappointing :( HBO lately has been catching up as well with my wait list.

-Mike

The only way I've seen to get one a week is to only have old stuff in queue. Everything new or more current is always different kinds of 'waits' resulting in nothing shipped. But @the $5/month I'm paying, the channels in the package are worth it without them ever sending a disk.

Maybe some new focus will be on BB now that some of the mobile phone company stuff isn't going to happen, or maybe not :)

I tried the trick (haven't had to do it before) of moving all the "Now" items to the top and it finally unclogged a bit. Haven't had to do that before. :( Guess it is a sequential queue now? Before it never mattered as I'd get stuff regardless of where they were in the queue if available.

There is two settings for the queue. SPEED (Next available)or in order. If you have it set for SPEED, you should get an available disc no matter what position it is in in the queue. However it doesn't always work like that. Check and make sure you don't have it set to in order.

There is two settings for the queue. SPEED (Next available)or in order. If you have it set for SPEED, you should get an available disc no matter what position it is in in the queue. However it doesn't always work like that. Check and make sure you don't have it set to in order.
I know I have mine set to speed. I check it every couple of weeks. Yet movies that are like #5 on my queue and show "Now" for availability, still are not sent out like they should be.
Ghpr13:(

A couple of days ago, I was trying to rejoin netflix because as well as no local rental store, I also lost our local library. I had problems with Netflix accepting my card so I had to talk to CSR. The first CSR called me a "fugitive" and started suggesting ways around the card problem that are both illegal and against Netflix TOS.

After I got done talking to him, I got a hold of another CSR to put me through to a supervisor.Obviously, as a potential customer I don't deserve to be talked to like that. The first supervisor completly ignored my complaint and started talking about nonsense.Which annoyed me even more. This was late at night, so I just called it a night in hopes I could calm down and deal with it again in the morning.

The next morning, I got a hold of another Supervisor through a CSR. This Supervisor spent the whole time threatening me with a ban, saying I was abusing the help service. Kept on saying things like "This is only for Netflix issues". Mind you at this point I'm still not a paying customer.Nor have I spoken in a derogatory tone to anyone.

After taking some time to calm down again, I decided I was no longer bothering with Netflix. I mean would you, if you were a potential returning customer being talked to like that? So out of curiosity, I emailed Blockbuster seeing what they said about their speeds. I was getting 8+ day turn around times before normally.

This is copy and paste what Blockbuster said: "I am sorry for the issue you had with regard to the shipping turn around of your titles. I'll be more than willing to assist you with your concern.

We work to send out the next titles in your queue within 1 to 2 business days of our receipt of your return or report. When a slot is available in the "At Home" section of your Queue, a title will be automatically selected for shipment. Once titles are checked in, we generally ship your next selection within 1-2 business days. This means that you can have as much as 6 titles a week. Please keep in mind that we do not ship or check-in titles on weekends.

We appreciate you considering reactivating your account. We really want you to receive your titles in a timely manner once you have re subscribed. In order to take the best advantage of our service, I would encourage you to keep 10 or more "Available" titles or as many of our 100,000+ title selection to your Queue as possible. This will allow us to keep a constant flow of titles between our network of distribution centers and your home"

So Netflix insults it's potential returning customers, and Blockbuster outright lies to you. Greencine isn't much better being inaccurate about their supply, and lying to you about it. Where have all the good CSR gone, and where is a decent movie alternative for someone who is NOT a 2013 award winning only movie watcher?

I decided I was no longer bothering with Netflix. I mean would you, if you were a potential returning customer being talked to like that?

Hell no! I have been tempted to return to Netflix as well, but I'm going to think it over now that you've told that awful story.

There are limited alternatives, including Redbox, and some other rental stores that might be in your area.

My local library closed. I have no local rental that I am aware of beyond the 21+ variety. Also not a new release only guy.Like foreign,independent etc. That combo was what lead me to email blockbuster to begin with.Though with that email you can clearly see they are still a bit full of it. Or at the very least trying to sucker me back in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts