Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

My discs still come quick. I am sequential with SG-1. My next disc was to be season 6 disc 1, which they do not have. Instead of sending season 6 disc 2, they skipped to season 7. Sigh. Will hold that disc and watch all of 6 on the Roku from Amazon Prime.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My discs still come quick. I am sequential with SG-1. My next disc was to be season 6 disc 1, which they do not have. Instead of sending season 6 disc 2, they skipped to season 7. Sigh. Will hold that disc and watch all of 6 on the Roku from Amazon Prime.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Where are you in relation to the city/state on envelope? Mine had an ATL envelope and I live in Tallahassee.I would be grateful on shipments where i had 6 day turn arounds because that would be fast for me.

I believe I may have been blackballed by BB. They never reply to any of my emails and the last phone in did not go well.......nearly a month and no movies. Oh yea, and I sent a nasty note about them advertising a movie in 3D and sending it in 2D.....the shame of all of it is just awful............! :rolleyes:

It took over 30 hours to get my "We hope you come back you can get up to 6 a week" email and even then I guess it's because I mentioned the thought of coming back meaning $$ for them if I do.

Saturday my wife says "Hey we got something from Dish". It was Argo, which along with Taken 2, was the extent of my queue since about January. Every so often I checked and it said high demand. The free blu rays were always just bonuses to me, since I always have had the platinum(or whatever) pack anyway. It's just funny how pathetic the disc by mail operation is now, though. I was never one to really obsess over when I got a new release, but it used to average between a week and a month back when Dish was still trying.

There is two settings for the queue. SPEED (Next available)or in order. If you have it set for SPEED, you should get an available disc no matter what position it is in in the queue. However it doesn't always work like that. Check and make sure you don't have it set to in order.

Been set to Speed for awhile... I think their status is off anyways as I've had movies on it say available now, not move, then check a day or so later and see "Very High Demand". Also seems fishy too as I'd get a bad disc (got a few in a row), would send in the complaint and disk would ship out immediately for a high demand movie so they did have them... It's too bad as service started out great.

-Mike

Service? What service? I haven't gotten anything for nearly two months. :( I gave up (with DVD's by mail from BB) and went back to Netflix.

Service? What service? I haven't gotten anything for nearly two months. :( I gave up (with DVD's by mail from BB) and went back to Netflix.

Netflix was deplorable in their treatment of me when trying to resolve my account problem.When I wasn't being called a fugitive, or being threatened from being banned from the help service I was talked down to the entire time. Was even disconnected by a Supervisor while trying to find the proper number to call. Even if my card was working I wouldn't go back now.

I hear you BluffingJ, and sympathize completely. I couldn't get my Discover card to work at all, and got stuck using FF. So I switched to IE and American Express, and it went right through. Stupid computers. The one and only time I called Netflix to help me get streaming to work on my PC, they were seriously unhelpful. But no name-calling, banning, or talking down, at least back then. I don't have the streaming option now; that is not how I want to watch TV.

My problem is capitalized because I have no logs of anything.My options with Netflix are leave it behind, write a letter to them, or file a BBB complaint.If I had any proof or log, the latter would atleast be an option.Though I feel even then I wouldn't get any satisfaction.Since I'm not being charged money, would be nothing more than satisfaction they actually saw my complaint.

Did one of those free ask a lawyer things, to see if they had any advice since I infact have no proof.Haven't heard anything back.So my options are - spend time dealing with this with limited control, go back to blockbuster (well beyond slow and only 3 out) or try greencine again (lost movies every shipment, and lie about their supply)

I agree about the discs by mail - slow, very slow. When the service was first introduced I tried it and kept the sub for about 3 mos. and cancelled. Decided to give it another go, just started about 3 wks. ago. I can't say that I am elated with it.

So far I'm still getting BRs in order of what's on my queue. I never really looked at where the discs come from, but I a point to look at the last one I sent back. It's right here in Louisville, KY. So It should take only a day to reach the "shipping" house, and if you give them 2 days to process, I should have my next BR in 4 to 5 days which is about what it's taking. Yet when I had Netflix, turn around time was about 4 days at the most. Oh well, as long as I'm getting at least one BR a week, I'm OK with that.
Ghpr13:)

I sent a ps3 game back on Thur.gran turismo 5 shipped out this morning.They have been doing pretty well lately for me.

I sent a ps3 game back on Thur.gran turismo 5 shipped out this morning.They have been doing pretty well lately for me.

Video game, that's something I have really never been able to get with BB....always long wait

Not great. Took em several days to ship my first flick, which they showed going out Friday, but then Monday told me it shipped again on Monday :). I still dont have it yet. It you are looking for a primary disc by mail service, use Netflix or go to Redbox.

Was a member here but left when i started seeing 10 day turn arounds.Not a new release only guy so redbox is out.Netflix isn't an option as I can't get their card to work and the CSR I called to try and get help from to get it fixed called me a fugitive.

I mailed back a disc Monday. Tuesday got an email saying they were mailing me the next disc and I should have it by Saturday. Wednesday got an email saying they rec'd my ret'd disc. Yep, they usual send those emails out of order like that. I expect I will have the disc tomorrow. Would not have been surprised to get it today.

Mine showed today, and I see the issue. Mailing from Atlanta to Mobile, Al, not so good.BB's mailing center used to be in Panama City or Pcola for here, so they probably have closed it. No way could you use this reliably in my area, but that was not my intention and I knew better. Its still a good value for $10, considering all the channels I get. Redbox is still "da man".

I've dropped the channels, so i wouldn't even have that as a reason to come back.I am in Tallahassee,FL and i had the same mailing center as you.No local blockbuster here.Checked nearby cities within an hour in either direction and none anywhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts