Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

I seem to have a consistent 4 business day turn-around time. Considering that I usually mail the discs in the afternoon, that is not much different than I had with NetFlix. I think NetFlix was a day faster some times.

Dropping off my second movie today at the blockbuster up the road, first one I had about three day turn around

Signed up 11-12 days ago and received and returned 3 discs in that time with normally a 2 day time frame (Boston area) but they weren't exactly at the top of my queue. They got my disc back since yesterday morning and I am getting we are processing your order message since then even though I have a few movies showing as available. I really don't trust the queue system since it changes availability so easy and it also does not seem to be accurate. New releases that you would expect to be not available are listed as available etc, while older releases are listed as not available. I mostly added it for the channels and knew it was not going to be like Netflix but they really need to work out the queue system so a person at least as a general idea of when or if a movie will ship.

I must be lucky in Oregon. Turn around time is 48hrs, and even though my queue lists some disks as long wait, I still get them in 48hrs. So far, I have ordered 44 discs and only with 4 was there a wait of over 2 weeks

Delivery really slowed down. I dropped my disc into the mailbox Sunday. Received an email from Blockbuster that they received it Wednesday and a shipment email on Thursday. If I am lucky enough to receive the disc on Saturday it will be a 1 week turn around time. Not good! And because they closed the only Blockbuster in my area I cannot even exchange in the store.

I doesn't seem like Blockbuster is trying to compete with Netflix at all. The selection of streamable programs is abysmal and the disc delivery is crawling.

Don Landis; said:
Mail just delivered the last disk I will get with this service. I ordered Piranha 3D months ago and it was finally sent. Was looking forward to seeing how this was in 3D as I had seen it in 2D. My store got one copy in in 3D but it was checked out and never returned. Well, as my luck would have it, BB@Home sent me a DVD of Piranha even though I had selected it as 3D ages ago. Just going to return it today and wait for the confirmation of receipt and then I'm planning to cancel.

I'm in the same boat with you Don. The service from the Daytona facility has really fallen off. Most titles at the top of my que have some kind of wait. My next title was supposed to be the "Smurfs" and it showed "very long wait". It is available on BB streaming right now even.
I'm lucky if a movie arrives once every 2 weeks.

I dropped a movie in the mail on Monday. They received it on Friday. Yeah, turn around time for me is now in the toilet.

Delivery really slowed down. I dropped my disc into the mailbox Sunday. Received an email from Blockbuster that they received it Wednesday and a shipment email on Thursday. If I am lucky enough to receive the disc on Saturday it will be a 1 week turn around time. Not good! And because they closed the only Blockbuster in my area I cannot even exchange in the store.

I doesn't seem like Blockbuster is trying to compete with Netflix at all. The selection of streamable programs is abysmal and the disc delivery is crawling.
I get 1 movie a week and sometimes not even that. i've never gotten more than 4 movies in a month

I have been at it for three months and average 13 titles per month. I do have a store up the street that I always exchange my titles and return all dvds.

It was pretty good, about a 4 day turnaround, but all of a sudden it slowed down. Over a week on the last movie I received, and after sending that back, it was over 5 days and they still haven't mailed out a new movie. I decided to just cancel it. I'll just use the Redbox up the road.

I'm getting it free for a year, and mainly wanted it for Epix and the other movie channels. That being said, if my mailman picks up a disk from my mailbox on Monday, it is generally Thursday before BB acknowledges receipt. I generally get my next disk on Saturday, but a number of times it's been Monday...which often means well over a week before I'd get the next disk in my queue. By way of comparison, I normally would get my Monday-returned NF disks Wednesday or Thursday. If Wednesday, I normally could turn it around and get another disk by Saturday.

So for me, I'm pretty much only capable of getting half the number of disks from BB than I got from NF (or less).

I had a two-day turnaround with Netflix (one day there, one day back). Early on, I had a three-day turnaround with B@H (two days there, one day back). Nowadays, it's five-to-six days (two-to-three days there, two-to-three days back).

I doubt very much that it takes three days to get there. My guess is it takes the same one or two days. They just don't acknowledge it right away.

Plus with Netflix you get same day turnaround, including Saturday. BB has never received something and shipped something else (to me) on the same day.

Tomorrow I'll receive Mission Impossible-Ghost Protocol, last Tuesday I got The Iron Lady and the Tuesday before that I got War Horse--all 3 titles on the 1st day they were released....from NETFLIX. SO glad I dumped BB where I had to wait forever to get anything worth watching! With a one day turn around time with NF I'll receive MORE Blurays to enjoy with 1 disc out at @ time than I ever did with 2 discs out at @ time with BB. I had as many as 6 titles showing AVAILABLE at BB (and those were older ones) and still couldn't get anything shipped. Their explanation was "You need to keep at least 10 available titles in your queue".:rolleyes:

Ed

Signed up 11-12 days ago and received and returned 3 discs in that time with normally a 2 day time frame (Boston area) but they weren't exactly at the top of my queue. They got my disc back since yesterday morning and I am getting we are processing your order message since then even though I have a few movies showing as available. I really don't trust the queue system since it changes availability so easy and it also does not seem to be accurate. New releases that you would expect to be not available are listed as available etc, while older releases are listed as not available. I mostly added it for the channels and knew it was not going to be like Netflix but they really need to work out the queue system so a person at least as a general idea of when or if a movie will ship.

So over a week and still have not gotten any disc mailed even though my queue shows titles available. I knew it wasn't going to be like Netflix but when I got the first 3 movies so fast they built up my expectations. Pretty obvious that are not planning on keeping this side of the business going but are using it to get people into contracts.

So far it is 1 disc per week for me. Given I paid $10 for Platinum and now pay the same for Blockbuster@home, I am basically getting 4 free discs per month of movies that would rent for at least $6.99 on Dish VOD.

seems to be getting slower for me. the day after i mail it back they send me an email saying they received it. and with 20 titles available it takes another 2 days to actually ship a movie and i get it in my mailbox 3 days after that. so i guess i have a 6 day turn around? i only get 3 or 4 movies a month as it is.

I usually see a ship notice before the returned disc notice. My distribution center is in Sacramento, CA....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)