Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

My experience with nf was very good. I had only one at a time but in most cases I was able to get 2 dvds per week. With BB I can get one a week at most. The big difference between the two is that nf ships you a dvd on the same day they receive your return while BB ships the next day. Nf receives and ships on Saturday while BB does not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

[FONT=&amp] Does BB make more rentals available if you go to 2 out at a time? When I was with NF and had only one at a time I had a lot of waits, when I went to 2 practically all of them became available.[/FONT]

I have the 2 disc option and it still depends on how BB sends out the disc. I have returned 2 at once and gotten 2 back in about 3 days. Other times I have return 2 disc and received one back in a couple of days and had to wait about a week for my second disc. There's really no set pattern with BB. NF would always send a disc out as soon as they got a disc back. Usually a 2 day turn around time for me.

Ghpr13:)

Has BB started sending out your next in the que before receiving your other one now? The last two that I have sent back, the day after I send them in the mail I get an email saying that the next one has shipped. Then about two days later they say thank you for sending back the other one. Wonder if they are tracking return shipping infor then sending it out. Mine go to Phoenix so I know they are not getting them the day after I ship

Still painfully slow here. I returned the store exchange DVD on Monday morning, and it immediately disappeared from my queue. The email and website claim they shipped the next one on Tuesday. But I have difficulty believing that because I got it on Friday.

With Netflix I had same-day turnaround and next-day receipt.

Has BB started sending out your next in the que before receiving your other one now? The last two that I have sent back, the day after I send them in the mail I get an email saying that the next one has shipped. Then about two days later they say thank you for sending back the other one. Wonder if they are tracking return shipping infor then sending it out. Mine go to Phoenix so I know they are not getting them the day after I ship
This often happens with me, so they must. I think some of the bad turnaround people experience is due to the return envelopes not be scanned/processed properly by the post office. Last week I dropped the disc at the post office on Saturday. Got a new shipment notification on Monday and had the new disc on Tuesday. I think I got the "returned" email on Tues or Wed. All I know is return on Sat get new on Tues is pretty good turnaround. This is way it is about 85% of the time for me. The other 15% has another day added into the mix.

I notice then when I drop and pickup up dvd's at our blockbuster it's real quiet, though I typically don't go in the evening when I think it's more busy

2 at a time for me. I have 1 disc at the moment.. 20 or so items in cue. All say Very Long Wait.. Been about two weeks since I returned the last disc.. This is really not good business to have long waits for everything..

With so many BB stores closing, distribution center closing, and slow DVD delivery I have to wonder if Dish is trying to cut its loses and get rid of BB.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

It seems to have gotten worse... Five days ago, I received the email confirmation that Blockbuster received my returned disc. It has been over a week since I mailed back my last rental and they still have not mailed out my next disc! There are 5 movies in my queue that are 'Available'. Why are they waiting so long to send out the next disc?

Pleasantly surprised with BB at home, I had put Madagascar 3 at the top of our que this weekend, thinking since it's not out untill Tuesday would get skipped over for another disk which i would just take to our BB or long wait...Recieved an email today saying ships out today, should have it on Wednesday :)

I have yet to receive a new movie at the top of my queue since Dish took over the service. I was told to allow 5 days to be sure they could ship my movie and this has not worked. Today I spoke with Blockbuster@Home and was told there is nothing they can or will do about it. I'm really fed up with the service. I had been with Blockbuster for many years before Dish took over and always got a movie listed as first in my queue before any others. Now they pick something down my list to send me and I've never received a movie at the top pf my list since Dish took over. Very frustrated.

And another thing. When I send a movie back to Netflix, they would run their computer immediately and ship something on the same day, including Saturday. With BB, they get the move back as noted on the web. A day later (not including weekends or holidays), they may or may not run the computer on it. The last time it took them 9 days to do anything, during which time the movie at the top of my queue supposedly available "now" became a "long wait" instead. :rant: When they finally located a movie to ship, they say it's shipped but nothing happens for yet another day from what I see by the delayed arrival. I should just empty my queue and forget about the DVDs by mail "service".

I find BB to be very inconsistent. The last two weeks my movies have been shipped out ASAP when they get my return. Also the BR disc have been on the top portion of my queue. I just received "The Avengers" which I can't wait to watch at home.
Other times, BB has been slower then my wife's driving when she gets a taking.
Ghpr13:)

I am pretty sure i can come close to topping any complaint.The combined turn around time on me mailing back and then getting the next shipment has been over 17 days total.

Weird how inconsistent they are. I have no problems at all. 3 day turnaround on pretty much any title, same as I got with Netflix. And I do Blurays only.

My biggest problem is finding something I want to watch, and then actually making the time to view it when it arrives.

Heres my present week - Mail back Tuesday night, get there Friday, wait until Monday for anything to get shipped out, and it takes 3 days at the least to get to me after it leaves them. Would anyone else put up with those speeds? Netflix won't take payment and I don't watch new release only.

that's why I have 2 out at a time, I figure I will be able to get 1 DVD a month doing it that way.
I am just waiting to pull the trigger, I cant figure out why I still stay with this company. It has gone down hill the past year. I have been with them for 12 years.
Too bad
Joe

I have 3 out at a time and have had 6 movies at home less than 2 days a piece since the 7th.

My problem is Netflix won't take paypal or card from me for some reason.There is no local video rental place (though 3 adult rentals), I am not a new release nazi.Limits my options considerably.

I sent this to BB this morning...

I have set my Queue to have the next available DVD sent.....that said do you only have one copy of such films as Prometheus, The Raven and Dark Shadows.....?
For 3 or 4 weeks I've been on the Short Wait List, which is ridiculous! Come on BlockBuster you had to go down to my 8th choice in the Queue to find a movie to send me....! for the last 3 weeks.......?
I'll be posting this at Satellite Guys also perhaps others have had it with this type of terrible service! And to add insult to injury the last DVD was unplayable...! When my commitment is up I may be looking elsewhere to get DVD's....or is that the point and perhaps from what I've read... what you want...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts