Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

I've been trying for a week and a half getting a problem resolved over the phone with blockbuster csr. have had movies pricessing for over a week to send out according to the site. however, i have already sent and mailed them back long ago. I've also long since cancelled and cleared my queue.however just don't want to be charged for this and they can not only not fix the problem can't answer if i will be charged.i've been calling literally every day this month.

I just got off the phone with BB, they say they are aware of the slow shipping and are working literally 24/7 to resolve the issue. While I was talking to the rep she processed my next shipment and claims it will ship out tonight......one of the 3 great lies........

Last edited:
Here is the main part of an email they sent me....... Generally, we work to send out the next title in your queue within 1 to 2 business days of our receipt of your return or report. However, there's a delay in sending your next rental because we are currently showing that you do not have enough "Available" titles in your queue to complete the requested shipment.

To ensure consistency in shipping, we recommend keeping 10 or more available titles in your Queue. You can also set your preferences for shipments based on Speed vs. Queue order. Go to Settings; select your Shipping Preference; and click on "Save."

To have 10 available in my queue, I would have to have 150 in my queue. Now I have 32 in my queue and 2 are available. The sad thing is you never know if its available until you add it to your queue. It should be that if you have one that is available, it gets shipped out! Why do you need 10?

To ensure consistency in shipping, we recommend keeping 10 or more available titles in your Queue. You can also set your preferences for shipments based on Speed vs. Queue order. Go to Settings; select your Shipping Preference; and click on "Save."

To have 10 available in my queue, I would have to have 150 in my queue. Now I have 32 in my queue and 2 are available. The sad thing is you never know if its available until you add it to your queue. It should be that if you have one that is available, it gets shipped out! Why do you need 10?

If this wasn't so stupid it would be funny.....they use to say have at least 10 titles to insure something will be available....they have no titles in quantity, they've lost credibility with customers and they're closing stores at an alarming rate....

Before I paused my account, I had not received a disc in almost two months.

This is what upsets me with Dish in the last year or so. They offer a "Extra" to us at "no charge", part of a package deal, then after it's initial start, it's gets harder and harder to take advantage of this "Extra". It was like that with the Roku box, at first they were sending them out without a problem, then we started having to call and "discuss" getting one, then we find out that everyone seem to be getting a different deal. Now with BB@H, the mailing part and the store exchange was great in the beginning, but then more & more BB stores shutdown, taking away that option, now the mailing of disc is at a snail's pace. (No offense to snails.) I don't understand why Dish doesn't just say, "OK, BB@H can't handle mailing out disc anymore due to the high volume, instead we will open the entire catalog of BB on demand movies. Instead, Dish just lets their subscribers become more and more frustrated.
BB still has their own on demand website, but there's a cost to use it, yet Dish is suppose to own all of BB.
Ghpr13

After my call to BB miraculously my DVD's are in the mail, yes plural....they sent a "bonus" movie, I'm a 1 disk out at a time customer so this time I get 2. Hopefully BB will get back on track in my area for regular service.........anyway it beats a blank.

Wish I could say the same.Been calling almost daily for a week because there is a processing bug with my account (titles still show as processing even after i get and return them) and since I cancelled my account, just want to make sure I'm not charged for the bug.At this point, they aren't even attempting to try and lure me back.Lucky to have 1 movie in 10 days with blockbuster.Choosing nothing over blockbuster right now.

And atleast you are getting email responses, they are ignoring mine completly forcing me to use the phone.When I do get a response it is in no less than 72 hours after initial email.

I had a bad turn around experience about 2 months ago and then it came back working OK for awhile. Now I'm back to waiting way too long for the next disk to ship. Last turn-around was shipped 9 days after receiving my previous disk. Right now its been 4 days since my previous was received by them and they are not responding to my emails asking what is happening. I have 17 disks queued.

I had a bad turn around experience about 2 months ago and then it came back working OK for awhile. Now I'm back to waiting way too long for the next disk to ship. Last turn-around was shipped 9 days after receiving my previous disk. Right now its been 4 days since my previous was received by them and they are not responding to my emails asking what is happening. I have 17 disks queued.
That's what happened to me, e-mails did no good, the phone call has seemed to. The rep issued a ship order while I was on the phone. My Q has a ship date and expected arrival.... regardless it shouldn't be this hard.

Wish I could say the same.Been calling almost daily for a week because there is a processing bug with my account (titles still show as processing even after i get and return them) and since I cancelled my account, just want to make sure I'm not charged for the bug.At this point, they aren't even attempting to try and lure me back.Lucky to have 1 movie in 10 days with blockbuster.Choosing nothing over blockbuster right now.

I have one that looks like it is doing this as well. Been like that when I mailed it back. Never got an email that it was sent or returned.

My next rental has been processing for a week. I've called BB and they give me the Mumbo jumbo about available titles. I do a dish chat and I told them I have already called BB and they say they cannot help me and tell me to call BB when I already have.

Calling BB is useless. I haven't received a movie in 47 days. Great job Dish. You buy out BB and you're now running it into the ground

Calling BB is useless. I haven't received a movie in 47 days. Great job Dish. You buy out BB and you're now running it into the ground

47 days and you're still paying for it? Switch to Netflix man. I have been using them for 6 years and I'm going back as soon as my free 3 months of BB is over. There really is no comparison.

If I mail out a movie to them on a Monday I will get my next one on a Wednesday every time, of course that depends on how far you are from a shipping center. In my case BB and Netflix are in the same city. For me it always takes 1 day for them to receive. They send the next one the same day and it takes 1 more day for me to receive. I haven't had problems with BB to the extreme that you have but they don't come close to that turn around time for me.

I also don't wait for movies I want. With BB all the new releases I want are always unavailable. When they still had a store in town that was no big deal due to in store exchanges but they just closed my store. Netflix will actually order enough copies of popular movies. I can't remember the last time Netflix skipped a title in my queue and I don't know if BB has ever sent the first title in my queue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So the $10 Blockbuster package thru Dish includes the 20 additional HD channels. Will talk with the family and find out how many of those channels are actually watched.

So the $10 Blockbuster package thru Dish includes the 20 additional HD channels. Will talk with the family and find out how many of those channels are actually watched.

If the included channels are worth it to you that's different. I don't watch any of them. If the movie rentals are your main priority like they are for me Netflix is a much better service.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have the BB@Home package for the extra channels, I had them anyway to begin with. I have Netflix for the movies....

Same here. I also have BB@Home for the channels. I do watch some of the channels. What pisses me off is the package is called BB@Home. Yet I can't get any movie shipped to me.
I was happy getting one a week. I've been using Redbox for new releases. I've been getting texts once a week for .50 off. BluRay rental for a buck. Can't beat that. I'm so far behind on new titles, the 28 day delay on some movies isn't an issue. I have to shake my head at the standard crap they put in their email responses. It's BS!

"Don, we believe Blockbuster At Home offers the best overall entertainment value in the business. We currently have over 95,000 movies and over 3,000 games to choose from. We ship from multiple distribution centers across the country giving you the convenience of rentals delivered right to your mailbox. We offer Blu-ray rentals at no additional cost and we get many new releases 28 days before our competitors! Also there are no due dates for your By Mail rentals wherein you can return your rentals in your most convenient time. You simply will not find a better value anywhere."

Last edited: