Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

It always happens that way for me on "releasing this week" disks. It gets moved into my regular queue as available now. Then, no matter how long it has been in my "not currently available" queue, it sits there and then turns into "very long wait". Annoying, isn't it?

Most of my "Now" disc have been in my queue at least 10 weeks.

Evidently bb is only buying about 25 copies of new movies. At first they are now to everyone. Then when the 25 go out, the rest of the people who have it in their queue are relegated to very long wait.

A few weeks back we had a discussion of Cloud Atlas on Bluray. I ordered it and it said that it was available now. The next day that changed to Medium Demand. Yesterday it was Very High Demand. I said screw it, deleted all of my queue. If I want a movie I'll get it from Red Box. $1.63 including tax for a bluray works just fine for me....

Evidently bb is only buying about 25 copies of new movies. At first they are now to everyone. Then when the 25 go out, the rest of the people who have it in their queue are relegated to very long wait.

I couldn't guess on the count, but either the number of new releases purchased is down, the number of BB@Home subs is up, or most likely both are true....

A few weeks back we had a discussion of Cloud Atlas on Bluray. I ordered it and it said that it was available now. The next day that changed to Medium Demand. Yesterday it was Very High Demand. I said screw it, deleted all of my queue. If I want a movie I'll get it from Red Box. $1.63 including tax for a bluray works just fine for me....
Yep, as I've mentioned before I will keep my queued titles til I can rent them from Redbox usually with a 50cent coupon and then simply delete it out of my BB queue... Can you imagine if Charlie ever set his sites on RB just how quickly that service would go downhill! :eek:

I've had 3 movies in my queue for more several months - Trouble With The Curve, Looper and The Dark Night. I recorded TWTC last night on HBO, Looper starts next weekend and Dark Night on June 15. I cancelled my queue.

Several of the movies I had in the Q have ended up on HBO, Showtime or Starz.......so I DVR them there......but the mail out has returned from slow service to no service. I e-mail everyday with a complaint, I never get an answer, when I call I get a movie instantly sent out in my Q. BB sucks.....big time.

Lots of times, I can find movies listed in my queue in the BB@Home streaming movie list. So, I just download them and delete them from my queue. That shows just shows how long movies stay in my queue before they mail them to me.

I got my email yesterday telling I was me I was getting the next Blu-ray in my queue! That makes #1 last week, and #2 this week!!! Last week was Ganster Squad, this week Frankenweenie...It's almost like winning the lottery!
Ghpr13:)

I got my email yesterday telling I was me I was getting the next Blu-ray in my queue! That makes #1 last week, and #2 this week!!! Last week was Ganster Squad, this week Frankenweenie...It's almost like winning the lottery!
I fear for you Ghpr13. You will next be assimulated into the Borg!:eek:

Quick, go buy a lottery ticket before your luck runs out.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

The return before my last one went well. This one, not so much.

I got the email last Thursday that they received my return. Just checked this morning and I am still seeing this in the Discs at home section: "We are processing your next shipment. It will be sent out as soon as possible." I've got discs in several of the different Availability statuses, including 3 at Now status. Why is it taking so long this time when the last time was a very good 4 day turnaround??

It's really an awful service for my situation, very frustrating...... I've got movies in the Q that are several years old and have a "Very High Demand" rating and have had for months.....in my distribution area there must only be 1 copy.......if that. :coffee

Netflix - won't take my cc or paypal
Greencine - lost dvds on a regular basis, slow(i am on the east coast), inaccurate about most if not every titles availability
Blockbuster - Slow, lost dvds on a regular basis, no local store, only 3 out at a time max

Right now i am choosing nothing over blockbuster.

Netflix - won't take my cc or paypal
Greencine - lost dvds on a regular basis, slow(i am on the east coast), inaccurate about most if not every titles availability
Blockbuster - Slow, lost dvds on a regular basis, no local store, only 3 out at a time max

Right now i am choosing nothing over blockbuster.

Why won't Netflix take your credit card? I've used both Visa and American Express without a problem....

It's really an awful service for my situation, very frustrating...... I've got movies in the Q that are several years old and have a "Very High Demand" rating and have had for months.....in my distribution area there must only be 1 copy.......if that. :coffee

Movies that have a date several years old may have been recently released to dvd or BluRay. The movies date and the dvd release date are not the same. Which date are you referring to.

I also notice that my local Blockbuster mayhave only one copy of some movies and 20 copies of the more popular movies just released.

Why won't Netflix take your credit card? I've used both Visa and American Express without a problem....

Says theres a problem with my card.Haven't called to deal with it because when I last checked there wasn't a plan that fit my budget.So it really isn't a big deal.

Sent back "Frankenweenie" yesterday...lets see if my lucky streak continues, or way it just a dream....:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts