Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

Movies that have a date several years old may have been recently released to dvd or BluRay. The movies date and the dvd release date are not the same. Which date are you referring to.
Both.......:coffee I really don't think the service as it is currently is defensible under any circumstance.

Yeah, disc by mail portion is pretty much useless for me.

There are handful of movies listed as "now," and forget about video games. It has been several months since I have been able to rent one, as it seems everything these days is listed as medium demand or higher, whether it's old or new. Lately, I have just went to Redbox for my gaming fix.

I only keep BB@Home to have some movie channels, otherwise, I would have long since cancelled it.

Last edited:
I have finally had enough of Blockbuster at Home! Almost every disk that I add to my queue has a wait status. Even the disks that are listed as 'Available' take weeks before they finally ship. Dish's disk at home service has become totally useless. With the current level of horrible service, I can not believe that Dish is continuing to offer Blockbuster at home. In its current state, it tends to alienate customers and get them upset with Dish.

I just dropped my Blockbuster at home service and will save $10/month. While I was at it, I also dropped down from AT250 to AT200 saving another $10/month. With the $20/month that I saved, I subscribed to Netflix's 2 disks at a time service ($11.99/month). What a difference! With Netflix, they shipped 2 disks the next day, and I got them both on the following day! (I have been waiting for weeks for the same disks from Dish).

I can see why folks would be frustrated, I like the channels in the package and since I have a Blockbuster very close to me open that helps out big time, if I didn't I can see why there is frustration my que has many with a wait. By putting a non popular movie on my que I can go in and exchange

The exchange trick worked for me as well until April 1, when they closed all BBV stores within 1/2hr of my home or office. :( I used to have a pretty busy store less than 1mi away from my house. No more.

With all those recent movies in inventory at the stores they closed, silly me, I figured they would recycle all those movies into their mail order service. No such luck! :rant:

BB is and or has become embarrassing.....I called again yesterday and was read to off a script over and over again by a woman who could barely speak english......she did manage to tell me sometimes Dozens of movies are needed to insure a timely shipment (I only have 25)......I had 2 "NOWs" in my Q, still they are processing next shipment.......this morning I have none......I wonder if they profile customers.......?

Well, not to jinx myself, but my streak of good luck with BB@H is still going strong. I mailed back my last movie on Saturday, and today I should get Django Unchained [Blu-ray]. I guess all my clean living is finally paying off.:D
Ghpr13:)

I rented Django from Red Box yesterday. It cost $1.63, bluray, including tax. Interestingly enough, I had one bluray in my BB queue with a very high demand and it shipped today! I've not seen anything from BB since February and I had 10 movies in the queue for a while.....

I rented Django from Red Box yesterday. It cost $1.63, bluray, including tax. Interestingly enough, I had one bluray in my BB queue with a very high demand and it shipped today! I've not seen anything from BB since February and I had 10 movies in the queue for a while.....

I believe BB is on it's last legs, in the West it appears many of the retailers have closed and with those closures the mail service has stopped.....at least for me. Connection.........?

Just dropped the BB@Home package. Disc delays were getting ridiculous, and it turns out we don't watch most of the channels in that package. We have plenty of RedBox kiosks around when we want to watch a BR...

Got Django in the mail yesterday, took about 6 days turnaround, but BB@H is continuing to send out BR that are on my queue. Will see how it keeps going. I'm mailing out Django tomorrow morning. BTW: I thought Django was an excellent movie, IMO.

How is 6 days compartively for you? Cancelled Blockbuster a while back when 8 days from me getting a movie,mailing it back and me getting the next one was the norm for available movies.However, now I've even lost my local library.Just wondering if it's worth even being in the realm of consideration for me to come back.

The service is still hit and miss. Without a local store, you are lucky to get one a week. If you watch the channels and the discs are extra, like me, it might be worth it. When my store was open, I would get anything my mail and then get a new movie at the store. Now it's mail only for me and it seems they get fewer copies of movies now. Today all but 1 of my queue were some kind of wait. Now when I check, the 1 that was NOW, is now Unavailable: We don't currently have any copies of this title in stock. How did it go from NOW, to NONE in stock. I understand it could go to some sort of demand, but to have some and a few hours later not even own any is not acceptable. If you don't have any copies in your inventory, TAKE IT OFF THE WEBSITE.

I have no local store and now I've lost even my local library.Not a new release guy, and had no problem with anything being "unavailable" speed was the issue.Was doing 3 at a time before, but cancelled when i was hitting day 10 with nothing to watch while still having only available and in stock movies in my queue.

Running out of options as is. Also have less than reliable internet for streaming.

Netflix won't take my cc or paypal for some reason.Haven't been desperate enough to deal with them on phone about it.

How is 6 days compartively for you? Cancelled Blockbuster a while back when 8 days from me getting a movie,mailing it back and me getting the next one was the norm for available movies.However, now I've even lost my local library.Just wondering if it's worth even being in the realm of consideration for me to come back.

I'm not jumping for joy that it's taking 6 days turnaround time, but if I can get at least 4 movies a month out of them, I can deal with it. BB@H will never be like Netflix was when I had them mailing disc out to me, but when Netflix went to that outrageous pricing for @home disc, I gave it up. I must admit, I was never one for streaming, but I'm starting to like that more and more.

For me, 6 day turn around time would be a star aligning moment.As it was usually atleast 8.If I were someone who didn't return by the following evening, or at the very elast had supplemental BB@Home(not apart of our service) It wouldn't be as annoying (still annoying but i would have supplemental entertainment).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)