Apple Live Event: iPhone 6, Apple Watch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When the next iphone 7 comes out, I want to do a video of shooting one with a 9mm bullet. See how it holds up. Let the video go viral as I claim criminals should not use the iphone as it gets bent by a bullet and won't work anymore. If you live in the inner cities, it should be a good reason not to buy an iphone.

Reactions: navychop
When the next iphone 7 comes out, I want to do a video of shooting one with a 9mm bullet. See how it holds up. Let the video go viral as I claim criminals should not use the iphone as it gets bent by a bullet and won't work anymore. If you live in the inner cities, it should be a good reason not to buy an iphone.
I'd actually be more interested in seeing what you as a pro videographer could do filming wise with just an iPhone 6+ camera as your filming device. I've seen some pretty amazing stuff already.

Here's an example: http://www.cultofmac.com/297584/iphone-6-plus-captures-awesome-power-sierras-pbr/

I was hoping that when I got to the city today that they might have more iPhone 6's in stock as they did a few days ago, and I could cancel my order and just buy one, but at 6am I got a text saying my phone has shipped. It is still in China as far as I can tell, but will be here next Friday. I can wait. Maybe. :)

Reactions: stimpson
dangue- Many of the new features that iphone6+ offers have been been available on pro cameras for years, even many semi pro cameras and DSLR's. I even have dual image and optical image stabilization on my DSLR lens. What the difference is, having these features available in a phone camera that is always with you and the fact it is small so you can get it into small places. Like GoPro. What the iphone and Gopro cameras still lack are the really good glass in the lens. Glass that lacks the chromatic distortion and artifacts. Broadcast quality lenses do not have star fields. If they shoot a cross starfield, it is because the photographer added it because he wanted to. BUT, as far as composition, and story, a really good amateur or professional film maker can do very nice work with these new phone cameras.

On a different note the market is off today, so if you ever had thoughts of buying some Apple stock, today would be the day to start or add to a position. It fell off about 3% which is a nice entry point for future growth. The only negatives for the company right now as far as the stock is concerned is this bendgate and the iOS error recall. These will be forgotten history in 1-2 weeks. If you are looking for a 15 or 20 minute trade, be careful but if you plan to hold for at least a year, you could by all math, see a 30% ROI in that time frame, higher if you trade on market swings. I have sold off enough Apple to keep it below 20% of my portfolio but it remains my largest single holding.

Last edited:
Stopped at an AT&T store this afternoon and ordered a 6 64GB. Delivery window is 10/15 - 11/04.

So much for 10/15, my new 6 showed up today. :clapping Plus they gave me a $200 credit for an old iPhone 4 I had in a drawer. :thumbup

Nice piece of hardware although it will take a little getting used to the button moving from the top to the side. But Apple, please, this is big enough. NO MORE.

Reactions: stimpson
Personally, I think they should throw cell phone circuits into an iPad and have it work with ear buds. My wireless ear bud works great with my iPhone 5. Why not with an iPad?

I finally got to hold a iPhone 6 Plus as the Apple Store in Chicago. Wow, that thing is just huge. Very glad I did not go down that path.. So now they have the iPad, the iPad mini, the mini-iPad, and the iPhone 6. :)

The Michigan Avenue store had a line out the door for people waiting for phones, by the way.

Nice to see some real science applied to this issue. I wonder if Apple will say that the iPhone is now as thin as it will ever be. While not the weakest phablet, the 6 plus isn't the strongest, either.

Maybe there's an aftermarket for Titanium frames where you send them your iPhone 6/6 plus and they put the guts into the new Ti frame?

Reactions: TheForce
I lucked out. When I was at the Apple Store on Friday morning, I was going to just go buy the grey silicon case for the 6, as there were no (Product) Red ones (I have no idea why it is called Product Red!), and Apple.com said they would not ship until 10/31. But they didn't have anything, even the grey one was out. So after my meeting I went back and decided I'd settle on the blue one, that I didn't like that much. I walk in the store, and 2 full rows of Red silicon cases! Sweet! So, I have my case. My phone... somewhere over the Pacific right now, making its way to North America, and then here on Wednesday.

Personally, I think they should throw cell phone circuits into an iPad and have it work with ear buds. My wireless ear bud works great with my iPhone 5. Why not with an iPad?

I use mine to talk to my daughter all the time. Facetime now works with ipad on the Verizon LTE network.
I've only called her ( she's younger generation so she just texts me with: "Busy right now get back to you later." and then forgets. so I don't know how it works to receive calls. The new iphone will now use data pathway for phone calls and seamlessly hand off to LTE or wifi which ever has best connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)