Apple Live Event: iPhone 6, Apple Watch

Just talked to an AT&T rep. According to him, I do not need to do anything in advance to take advantage of this trade-in offer. I can just place the order tomorrow morning (I assume I need to do it from AT&T's site, not Apple's) and then when I get the phone, I can still trade in (iPhone 4 or 5 in a working condition) for $200. The offer is good until September 30.

Nice post, but I'm not sure I understood the last part.
Navy.
I believe he's referring to us lefties?
Sorry, showing off my smattering of heraldry from my SCA-days. Sinister = Left, Dexter = Right. As is "Simon Bar Sinister" from the old "Underdog".

I'm the odd rightie in my household as my wife and son are both left-handed. I will wait until my son is older before sharing the history of left-handedness being viewed as evil, or "sinister", and barre sinister being used to denote a illegitimate male descendent.

I will have to wait until March to upgrade as that will be about when I'll be at 60% paid on my current phone with the Verizon Edge plan.

My iPhone 5 32 Gb is worth $225 trade in to verizon. That makes it worth me ordering the iPhone 6 64gb (since there is no longer a 32gb option). $75 net.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've seen the stream.
I've read the thread.
Here is my opinion:
- Apple Pay is probably the best of the show.
Integrating with the banks will put this on the map.
Any jokes about security are pointless ; there will eventually be a breach.
But the same will happen to others.
- Apple Watch should sell like hotcakes for fitness fans. How many are there?
Apple Watch should sell like hotcakes at $150! Oops, it's priced at $350!
Removing the watch for daily recharging is just wrong.
Where's my Spiedel Twist O Flex band? ;)

-Apple iPhone 6 is a giant disappointment in screen resolution!
Physical screen size is up to the individual, but it's not much of an increase.
Smaller borders would have been more impressive.

- Apple iPhone 6plus ticks more boxes for people wanting a larger screen, but at what price?
At least they finally got the resolution right. :)

I had been leaning toward a Samsung Note 3, but now the Note 4is here.
Really like the iPhone DNA.
Decisions, decisions. ;)

Disclosure: I've run an iPhone for nearly three years.

I tried the AT&T buy back website to see what my phone would be worth.
Every time I put in my serial number it pops up invalid.

Just talked to an AT&T rep. According to him, I do not need to do anything in advance to take advantage of this trade-in offer. I can just place the order tomorrow morning (I assume I need to do it from AT&T's site, not Apple's) and then when I get the phone, I can still trade in (iPhone 4 or 5 in a working condition) for $200. The offer is good until September 30.

You can order using the apple store app. It can tell you if your eligible for upgrade from your carrier.

You can order using the apple store app. It can tell you if your eligible for upgrade from your carrier.

I know I am eligible for the upgrade. The question is whether this new trade-in deal applies to direct purchases from Apple.

Both AT&T and Apple Store sites are currently down. Hopefully getting ready for iPhone 6.

Both AT&T and Apple Store sites are currently down. Hopefully getting ready for iPhone 6.
Yep. Can't wait to get this ordered so I can get to bed.

My preference is to get it from Apple, but if ATT will give me $200 in credit for my old old 4, I might have to go with them.

Getting this message all the time (AT&T site):

ACME-868-Headline.png

It took many retries and almost an hour, but finally the order has been placed!
There was no option for in-store pickup - only shipping to my home address. That's ok.
Time to go to bed. Good luck everyone!

It took many retries and almost an hour, but finally the order has been placed!
There was no option for in-store pickup - only shipping to my home address. That's ok.
Time to go to bed. Good luck everyone!

Im getting closer. Was able to add hers to the cart, but getting errors again.:) Congrats.

I got two via the app. It was funny it kept saying that the 6 plus gold for AT&T was unavailable, kept changing color and eventually it was in stock.

One processed my credit card the other gave me a confirmation number that the order was placed and that I would get an email later so I could pay for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)