Are all Blubloods this illiterate?

If he is born deaf or deaf at a very young age, writing a spoken language is like writing a second language to him. Most born deaf people write at fifth grade level or lower. That's probably the reason why he told you he is deaf in the beginning of his post.

Makes sense. I would have been more sensitive if he stated Excuse my writing skills because I am deaf. I was laughing at the way he felt certain things were going to happen because he said so.

I am very comfortable and know that Warner Bros will drop HD DVD, no doubt about it

I couldn't even make it through the post before I got frustrated with trying to translate it. You'd think being deaf you would have the best penmanship and English around.

I do have to give him one thing, he knows how to use the period, apostrophe, and shift key. None of that Im, ur, cuz, wont, IDK, and other non-sense the kiddies are ruining their vocabulary with. When I see a post with no apostrophes, punctuation, all uppercase, all lowercase, etc., I don't even bother with the struggle it takes to read them.

If you wanted to debate the merits of his post -- his choice of BD over HD-DVD and that is what your orignal post referanced then I would of not been upset. But your orginal post did not do that. It directly pokes fun at his personal handicap of which he had no choice. Then you try to cover-up your insensitivity by hiding behind what exactly? You used someone's handicap to make a point? And what was the point Vurbano? That a handcap person does not write as well as you do?

And SatinKzo, I am not claiming any special circustance here. I just explained that my feelings on the use of someone's disablillties to push an agenda by use of personal slander (and that is exactly what Vurbano's post is doing here) is not appropriate. And since someone like Vurbano needs reasons as to why folks get upset I gave him mine and I did not have too. And don't tell me if someone refers to your nephew as illiterate (I am talking about an adult who should know better) or a banjo playing kid from deliverance that you don't get upset. Try imagining that your nephew made that post and Vurbano is talking about him. How do you feel now?

Bottom line here is that while I shouldn't call anyone here a bozo, how do you take what Vurbano does as okay and my callinng you guys bozos as name calling? Is it because you don't see the insensitivty and the very obvious personal slander of Vurbano's post. You think it is okay to use someone's personal disablity to push your own agenda? I think some of you need to recheck your attitudes. This type of post should not of been allowed. It started out not about the merits of the young man's post -- but his obvious (as he stated) handicap and his way of expressing himself.

I like good debate as much as the next guy but I usually believe that I am on equal footings with those of whom I debate here. This is not life and death -- it is simply a heated debate about a high def format war being pushed on by two titans of industry. But when we start talking about the personal inabilities of an individual -- poke fun at him to make a point for 'our side' and then push it with a racial motivated term (go out and rent the movie Deliverance if you do not know what I mean here) then the discussion has gone from debate to debase.
On second thought the guy said that he is sure that warner is going to dump HD DVD. I must apologize. You are correct. The guy is obviously brain damaged and my thread is cruel to ridicule somehow so handicapped.

lol, kinda reminds me of some of P. Smith's posts(or smith p., cant remember)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)