How many HD movies do you own?

How many HD movies do you own?

• Total voters

VinceT3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
Rainsalot Florida
Just curious how many movies people have been buying.. you can post in what format you have them in..

I currently own 23 (or so) HD-DVD movies..

6 Blu-Ray, 1 HD-DVD, but I just got my HD-A2 last week with the deal, and I have the 5 free coming (who knows how long that will take...).

My movie buying has slowed down considerably over the last year or so, used to buy at least one almost every week, now more like one or two a month, maybe.

I believe I'm at 33 blu ray with my ps3. I think I was at 30 when I counted for the first time a couple weeks ago, and I picked up the Spiderman trilogy last week.

I have about 15 HD DVDs. I've rented Happy Feet, A Scanner Darkly and Children of Men. On payday, I'll buy Face/Off and 2001.

I have about 20 D-VHS titles, around 30 HD-DVD titles and I just started building a Bluray collection (6 titles now, anticipating a whole lot more and a PS3 come Christmas).

I also have an archive of about a Terabyte-and-a-half of HD movies/content on HDD that I've recorded off of E* (and that's growing by the week).

If the selection of (good) movies on the HD disc formats expands greatly in '08, I might consider re-activating my Netflix account--but as it stands now, its too limited a selection. Good flicks bear repeat viewings and I'm (obviously) a movie nut & a collector. Until then, I can use my Xbox or my (soon to be installed) 722 to do HD VOD for one-off viewing.

For the vast majority of consumers (casual viewers/non-collectors), though--I recommend rental/VOD as much as possible until this stupid format war ends.

This all follows on the heels and contrary to my stance w/ DVD (of which I have a collection of 350+, in a juke, accessible via Slingbox)...but that was a unified format and a true quantum leap from the analog format forebears.

I own two HD-DVD's now, and am waiting for the 10 free ones from Toshiba. (Two different 5-disc offers.)

Otherwise, I will rent from Netflix, and hopefully get some "must-own" titles for Christmas from my Amazon wish list.

I own two right now. But its brand new to me, and I'll add them over time. Also have 450GB of movies archived off of E*. And will add a second 500GB hard drive soon.

I have two like Rocky. I am new also and have never been one to watch movies at home on any dvd player. The hd did it for me. I will have many more in the future.

I have 23 D-Theater (D-VHS) tapes and 7 HD-DVD discs. I rent a couple of HD-DVD movies each month.