Are you still having problems with your VOOM box (OTA Problems)?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a quick question. When you request that your box get new mapping info, will that go to all boxes on the account if you have more than one?

On all, but may need factory reset on each to get all channels. This may not be an issue with the newer boxes but was with the older one. Look at Read this first thread, follow with a front panel power cycling, and then make sure red button is set to correct resolution.

Tim

obba said:
I got a quick question. When you request that your box get new mapping info, will that go to all boxes on the account if you have more than one?

Yes, and the same instructions or procedures need to be done to all boxes on the same account.

rudolpht said:
On all, but may need factory reset on each to get all channels. This may not be an issue with the newer boxes but was with the older one. Look at Read this first thread, follow with a front panel power cycling, and then make sure red button is set to correct resolution.

Tim
Sean Mota said:
Yes, and the same instructions or procedures need to be done to all boxes on the same account.
Thanks. Install is on thursday, so im storming by brains for questions i might have later :D

Sean Mota said:
pmalve,

I received your email. I have requested that your OTA mapping be changed from NYC to Philadelphia. Let's wait and see what happens. I will let you know.

Your mapping has been changed from NYC to Philadelphia. You might have to do a reboot or unplug receiver. If that does not work, try a factory reset.

OTA help needed

Hi guys, If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
I had my install on Tuesday, all went pretty well. I really like the service so far except the problems I am having with the OTA. I upgraded the stealth that was installed with a 80" boom from radioshack and installed it in the attic. With the stealth I was recieving WVIT (NBC) 35% signal WB 25 % and
ABC 25 %. I upgraded the new antenna and now recieve NBC 80% but I cant get a lock on anything else. I checked Zap2it and there are no channels before 100 listed. Just before giving up hope I hooked the Antenna up to my E86 and rec ratings as follows NBC 100 % WB 76% FOX 100% pax 78% I didnt lock ABC Yet. Do you there is something wrong with the mapping or what.
Thanks XBOXER :confused:

xboxer said:
Hi guys, If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
I had my install on Tuesday, all went pretty well. I really like the service so far except the problems I am having with the OTA. I upgraded the stealth that was installed with a 80" boom from radioshack and installed it in the attic. With the stealth I was recieving WVIT (NBC) 35% signal WB 25 % and
ABC 25 %. I upgraded the new antenna and now recieve NBC 80% but I cant get a lock on anything else. I checked Zap2it and there are no channels before 100 listed. Just before giving up hope I hooked the Antenna up to my E86 and rec ratings as follows NBC 100 % WB 76% FOX 100% pax 78% I didnt lock ABC Yet. Do you there is something wrong with the mapping or what.
Thanks XBOXER :confused:

It means that your mapping is not done. Send me your address, zipcode and description of problem and will request that your mapping be added to your zipcode.

Sean Mota said:
It means that your mapping is not done. Send me your address, zipcode and description of problem and will request that your mapping be added to your zipcode.

Thanks Sean You are the man...

Sean Mota on 02/28/2004 said:
slyscooter & n0qcu I sent both of your information.
Sean,
Will this show on zap2it when corrected?
Only four (long) days to my install, I hope they get the mapping done so I will get all my current channels.

n0qcu said:
Sean,
Will this show on zap2it when corrected?
Only four (long) days to my install, I hope they get the mapping done so I will get all my current channels.

Yes, they will. I haven't heard anything yet but hopefully it will be done.

I am closing this thread and creating a new one with better reference to OTA Mapping. I will be listing everyone that is waiting for problems to be resolved. I will make a reference to this thread in the new one.

See this thread VOOM OTA Mapping Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts