AMIKO Aspect ratio weird behavior

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Alan Rovner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Vancouver, WA
On my Mini HD SE rcvr, the Decades channel is stuck in stretched widescreen mode no matter how I set the aspect ratio in the menu. And the H&I channel bounces really quickly between 4:3 and 16:9 settings before settling in the 16:9 mode.

Any idea what's going on? Does my Sharp TV share any blame? Most other channels follow the menu choice.

Appreciate any comments,
Al, K7AR

Have not noted that here. Will have to find time to check this out.

I have two microHDs that respond to aspect ratio settings differently depending on the TV they are serving. Had to find that happy median between the satellite receiver and the TV aspect settings. Seems like they never get all the channels correct.

Some services include an aspect definition in the tables and some do not . Some programs will also include an aspect definition (ever watch a show with the correct aspect displayed until the commercial plays?). Proper display aspect ratio will be viewed on these aspect flagged channels if the STB is set to automatic aspect, automatic output resolution and the TV is capable of performing a handshake. If one of these puzzle pieces is missing, you may need to play with many different combinations to view with correct aspect and resolution filling the display correctly.

Confused before? Even more confused now? :coco

Reactions: k.r. and KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts