AT&T’s massive TV losses continue as another 900,000 customers flee.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sorry I was wrong. They actually added tv for 10 dollars more . The add said get Comcast internet for only 49.99 than in small print it said including tv . I know around here the 39.99 Internet speed increased to 200 plus a free flex box and peacock included.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I know I can switch to our local Cable Company, Charter. I currently have just Internet from them at the ridiculously high rate at just short of $80.

I could add a TV package and my Internet and TV would be $88 plus taxes (for 12 months),PLUS Local TV charge, and several other Nichol and Dime fees. This is much cheaper than DirecTV and my current Internet Choice, BUT I HATE the Cable Companies DVR, as well as the Company in general. So for the time being my absolute HATE for CHARTER is keeping my with DirecTV.

For now I will keep DirecTV but they are skating on THIN ICE with me.

Several things rubbed my the wrong way, it stated when DirecTV BRICKED my "GENIE add on device" that allowed me to take my recordings with me on the road as well as stream them to me. Then they forced me to take a GENIE Client to replace a D12 instead of giving me a true receiver. Removed several channels I liked, now the end of Audience. This summer my Locals will be UNwatchable at my boat as my Boat is KU ONLY and AT&T is ending the KU LOCAL service I depend on for NBC,ABC, CBS, FOX, and PBS. A Tracking KA solution for my boat is just too pricey at 7 to 8 Grand.

The LAST and biggest thing keeping me with DirecTV is the ability to use my service at my Boat in addition to my home. If I get rid of my boat, I'm gone.

I'm also hoping for a local company (Greenlight Networks) to expand their service footprint into my neighborhood. They provide much better Broadband (Fiber to the home) at a much cheaper price point, then I can kick Charter to the CURB completely.

John

Last edited:
I know I can switch to our local Cable Company, Charter. I currently have just Internet from them at the ridiculously high rate at just short of $80.

I could add a TV package and my Internet and TV would be $88 plus taxes (for 12 months),PLUS Local TV charge, and several other Nichol and Dime fees. This is much cheaper than DirecTV and my current Internet Choice, BUT I HATE the Cable Companies DVR, as well as the Company in general. So for the time being my absolute HATE for CHARTER is keeping my with DirecTV.

Several things rubbed my the wrong way, it stated when DirecTV BRICKED my "GENIE add on device" that allowed me to take my recordings with me on the road as well as stream them to me. Then they forced me to take a GENIE Client to replace a D12 instead of giving me a true receiver. Removed several channels I liked, now the end of Audience. This summer my Locals will be UNwatchable at my boat as my Boat is KU ONLY and AT&T is ending the KU LOCAL service I depend on for NBC,ABC, CBS, FOX, and PBS. A Tracking KA solution for my boat is just too pricey at 7 to 8 Grand.

The LAST and biggest thing keeping me with DirecTV is the ability to use my service at my Boat in addition to my home. If I get rid of my boat, I'm gone.

I'm also hoping for a local company (Greenlight Networks) to expand their service footprint into my neighborhood. They provide much better Broadband (Fiber to the home) at a much cheaper price point, then I can kick Charter to the CURB completely.

John

There is always TIVO. I have both and actually use the TiVo on Comcast more than I do Directv.

You really don’t even realize your on cable when you look and use the TIVO interface.

Reactions: osu1991

John

My parents just switched from DirecTV to Spectrum and seem perfectly happy with the new DVRs they have. I haven't used them, but it sounds like things have come a long way recently with Navigator or whatever they are calling it these days.

My parents just switched from DirecTV to Spectrum and seem perfectly happy with the new DVRs they have. I haven't used them, but it sounds like things have come a long way recently with Navigator or whatever they are calling it these days.

One of the biggest missing features at Charter (For me) is the inability to have a whole Home DVR, as well as requiring a DVR FEE for each DVR in your home on top of a higher receiver fee for each DVR.

It's not per DVR, Charter charges $13 for 1 DVR, or $20 for up to 4. There is a $8 per receiver rental fee, it doesn't matter if its a DVR or not.

One of the biggest missing features at Charter (For me) is the inability to have a whole Home DVR, as well as requiring a DVR FEE for each DVR in your home on top of a higher receiver fee for each DVR.

Yeah, they don't have whole home DVR at Charter, which is fine for my parents, but deal killer for many. Their equipment fees are about the same as they were paying with DirecTV: $32 for DirecTV vs. $36 with Charter. I wouldn't choose to go with Charter, but they seem happy enough with it.

Yeah, they don't have whole home DVR at Charter, which is fine for my parents, but deal killer for many. Their equipment fees are about the same as they were paying with DirecTV: $32 for DirecTV vs. $36 with Charter. I wouldn't choose to go with Charter, but they seem happy enough with it.
You are stuck with what ever operator owns your area. If you live in a Charter franchise that is what you have to use.

Generally speaking, yes. That's why I said ''While the exception not the rule '. There are areas that have two cable companies, and some of them are in pretty big markets, Chicago, Dallas, San Antonio, Columbus, Philly, NYC, Boston. Hell, there's an area in Texas that has both Frontier Fios and AT&T U-Verse, or what used to be U-Verse.

Until recently, I technically could get Spectrum, U-Verse, or whatever the terrible Frontier video offering was at my address. Both U-Verse and the Frontier offering are no longer available though, so back to just the one, unless you include AT&T TV or whatever it is called these days over Fiber.

Frontier Vantage? If so, I think that's just a rebranding of the U-Verse services they acquired in areas formerly served by AT&T. I guess they didn't want to license the name from AT&T, like like do with Fios from Verizon.

Generally speaking, yes. That's why I said ''While the exception not the rule '. There are areas that have two cable companies, and some of them are in pretty big markets, Chicago, Dallas, San Antonio, Columbus, Philly, NYC, Boston. Hell, there's an area in Texas that has both Frontier Fios and AT&T U-Verse, or what used to be U-Verse.

I’m guessing most of those markets are where the telephone company has installed fiber to the house. Our teleco has in my neighborhood, and they offer TV or spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how telcos are relevant. Grande, WOW and RCN are cable companies who are overbuilders and compete directly with Comcast or Charter. All three of those companies came into existence in the '90s well before Verizon and AT&T got into the TV business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)